• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Book suggestion

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
droptop100

Book suggestion

Unread post

I don't know maybe suggesting the book I wrote is to forward or pretentious of me but I would really like feedback from people that I do not know personally. With that thought in mind, my book is called Unholy Conception by John Elliott. It is available at both barnesandnoble.com and Amazon.com as well as other dot coms. I fit has been inapproriate for me to suggest my own book, feel free to hammer me with criticism. My email address is [email protected]. Oh yeah the premise of the book is about a clone that becomes the Antichrist. Anyway thanks for indulging me.John Elliott
greg in the machine

Re: Book suggestion

Unread post

droptop:It's not necessarily innapropriate or "too forward", but BookTalk selections are usually going to be made from among a more proven authorship. What you're asking isn't impossible, but it's far more likely that the membership would want to choose something by someone that at least some of us are familiar with. It's also worth mentioning that the purpose of BookTalk isn't to provide budding novelists with free editorial advice .That said, I would like to welcome you to BookTalk and let you know that we do have forums that cater (somewhat) to your proposition. Further down the main page you will see a section called Member Writing Contributions with a "Miscellaneous" forum. That would be the appropriate place to submit your own work for the attention of other members. In addition, there is an Additional Readings section that has a "Fiction" forum. This also would be somewhere you could suggest works of fiction - whether your own or not - for other members to read. Feel free to provide links or instructions on how to find your work on the 'net.I'll leave this thread here for 24 hours so that it won't dissapear on you and you can reply if needed. Tomorrow night I'll be moving it to the "Miscellaneous" forum of the Member Writing Contribtions section.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Book suggestion

Unread post

droptop100:I'll agree with Greg on everything he said, but I am interested in reading some of your work if you're willing to post it in the appropriate forum. It sounds interesting and I would love to see you make it big. Do you have a chapter you can clip and paste right into a thread on the "Short Stories" forum located in the "Member Writing Contributions" category? That would be the best place. Entice us with a chapter or two and maybe people will go out and buy your book.Good idea about moving this to the Misc. forum.And welcome to BookTalk! Chris O'Connor "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da VinciEdited by: Chris OConnor  at: 6/18/02 2:37:09 am

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”