• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Atheists are immoral, and hateful. Christians on the other hand...

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Atheists are immoral, and hateful. Christians on the other hand...

Unread post

In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
markbryne
Official Newbie!

Re: Atheists are immoral, and hateful. Christians on the other hand...

Unread post

It's funny actually. Here are god-loving people saying curses to people of a different faith. atheists do not believe in "God", but they do have their own god - it's weird but i've gone through so many resources about this, and it's just not right to become a killer just because somebody else does not have your own believe.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Hello Mark, Welcome to booktalk!

Atheism is a disbelief in gods, by definition and therefore atheists do not have their own god any more than pedestrians are a type of motorist.

I am fully on board with denouncing reactionary bile of the sort found in this link. Of course they will never recognize that the venom they spew is in direct contradiction with all their feel good plattitudes about being forgiving, loving, and holy.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Well yes, Mark. Where did you get the idea that atheists have their own God? Atheists have no belief in any God or religion.

We recently celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary with a huge family party. People coming from far, many who had never been in our house. Think I am the only atheist. Now I collect religious art. I got pretty tired of fielding the stupid questions. However some of these people think the persons depicted are of the actual person!
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Good to see you around here, Lady.
-Geo
Question everything

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”