• In total there are 90 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 88 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Emptying the nest

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
linda8283
Getting Comfortable

Emptying the nest

Unread post

Hi everyone :) , I am Linda of the emptynest, 10 days into it so far and finding outlets for communication, such as this site is, is keeping the lonely at bay! I have always loved reading, no specific genre, and have already spotted some interesting possibilities for future reads here. Have to admit to feeling somewhat intimidated by the intelectual intensity of it all but am going to dive in anyway! I work in a physiotherapy office and live on a farm, have 3 grown children and many pets, love to knit, garden, explore my island, and read! Looking forward to this adventure in exchanging thoughts :D
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Emptying the nest

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)

Our fiction book selections are much lighter than our non-fiction book selections. Please take a look at the books we've read and discussed over the years. I'm sure you'll find that we have a varied membership with all sorts of interests. The intellectual stuff usually stays in the non-fiction area.

I think we need to read and discuss more fiction just for fun. You're not the only one who has commented on the intimidation factor. There isn't a way to get away from that when it comes to non-fiction. The sign of a good non-fiction book group is the depth of the discussion. But when we talk about fiction there should be a totally different feeling to the discussion.
linda8283
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks for the encouragement, am looking forward to the next group pick and ensuing discussions!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Hello and welcome linda8283!

Our next fiction discussion will be starting in September. The selection will be lighter in style than some of our former selections. It should be fun, you can preview the two nominations in the fiction poll forum. I hope you will join in! :)
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Hello Linda. I think you'll really enjoy BookTalk. Hope you jump in on the next Fiction discussion.

Return to “Everything Else”