• In total there are 140 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 138 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Novel description- anyone know the name?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
kitty1987
Official Newbie!

Novel description- anyone know the name?

Unread post

Hi everyone. Nothing fancy here, just a quick question if anyone can help me out. I remember vividly having read this book many times, and yet I cannot find the book itself and for the life of me cannot remember what it was called. It was from the perspective of a little girl who lived alone with her mother in an old house that needed to be fixed up but they were penniless. Down the street another little girl lived with her family, and the two became friends, but the other parents were uncomfortable with the girl's mother because she was single and it was the 60's. At one point, the mother takes the two girls to a beach somewhere and they "go camping", but since they're broke they must sleep in the car and have little to eat on the trip. The little girl's friend brings some money which I believe they used on gas. Later, they go to a restaurant where the mother orders and big supper of clams and crab and random seafood but cannot pay for it, but has it planned out. She pretends that she forgot her wallet and because she's very young and pretty a man buys supper for them. This makes the little girl quite upset.

This is all I can remember about the book. I've been googling terms on it all night and it's driving me mad trying to figure it out. If anyone has any information on where my brain is trying to take me with this I would be forever indebted to you.

Cheers!
linda8283
Getting Comfortable

Re: Novel description- anyone know the name?

Unread post

I have read this book!! Can't think of the name at the moment, it was great, it's going to drive me crazy now too!
kitty1987
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hahaha well if I find out I will post it back here for you!!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

This sounds like a good story so please post the title if you remember it.
Shumba76
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Your description sounds like Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner. Hope this helps! :)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”