• In total there are 26 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

new member reading in the rain

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
wanett914
Official Newbie!

new member reading in the rain

Unread post

Hi I am Wanett and I have never been in a book club before but am very excited to start with this one. I have a couple young children so getting out of the house to do something myself is pretty much impossible. I live in Oregon where it gets rain. I do love watching the storms roll in and reading a good book sounds great. Now I can learn even more about a book and maybe find information about that book from this group. Here is to reading some good books with great company.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: new member reading in the rain

Unread post

Hi Wanett,

An online book discussion group is so much easier and more efficient than a real-life group. Before I created BookTalk.org I tried to start a local group and it was a fruitless endeavor. My ads in the local paper attracted weirdos that I would never invite into my house. And even if you meet at a public place there is really no way to keep undesirable people from joining. On an online forum you can just ignore the strange people and interact with those people you like.

The secret to enjoying BookTalk.org is to spend a few minutes reading the forum names and forum descriptions. Learn how we're set up. When you think you have a decent understanding of the overall format of the community go ahead and join some of the discussions that are currently happening.

Good luck! And welcome to BookTalk.org. :)
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Avid Reader
Cunning Linguist

Re: new member reading in the rain

Unread post

Hi wanett. Have you ever read Tom Robbins? I ask, because a lot of his stuff is set up in the far northwest, and he has a way of giving the rainy, humid environment a sort of romantic feel, as opposed to the dank and miserable atmosphere so many writers describe when talking about places like Oregon, Washington State and England. His stuff is pretty raunchy and bizarre, so it may not be your cup of tea, but I thought I would mention it just in case you might be interested. Anyway, welcome aboard!
Money is a lousy way of keeping score.

Return to “Everything Else”