• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Anyone help me out??

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
witch love
Almost Comfortable

Anyone help me out??

Unread post

I love to know what I like and what I don't, as of now I have never read a romance novel! How can I judge something I don't understand?
I would love to know if you have read a decent one, if any at all, that you could recommend to me.

I need one with an interesting storyline to keep my interest, this genre scares me!

Help me out here??
What have you read??
In light and love
Kay
-=--=--
I love life because, what more is there.
- Anthony Hopkins
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Re: Anyone help me out??

Unread post

Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie - absolutely hilarious and plenty of plot twists
witch love
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you!
I will for sure look into it!!
In light and love
Kay
-=--=--
- Anthony Hopkins
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Personally, lol... I appreciate this genre but from a male's perspective. I don't seek it out but I am prone to form emotional ties to some characters and I've found I don't buy anymore movies with dogs in them because they always completely destroy me for weeks. If someone even gave me a copy of a DVD to hold in my hands I'd probably get pretty emotional.

If I wanted to seek out a romance novel I'd want something as near reality (to how I view love) and something written that I can readily believe in (to how I view love). There are many sides of 'love' and it's been quoted that each person loves in his own way. My preference is for 1800's (19th cent.) French novels. They have a measure of gritty realism that counterbalances the unbelievable myth of romantic love which is always affected, transient, and doomed in my eyes. You use that type of love for sexual gratification, not for a lasting relationship and some of these French novels stress that.

In the French novels you'll also find common whores, wretches, skanks, and men who are also immoral and self seeking in their own right that fall for each other and find themselves becoming better when they're with one another. These novels are just more 'real'.
tjamesmoss.author
Devoted Member

Unread post

kelstan wrote:Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie - absolutely hilarious and plenty of plot twists
Try Scandal by Amanda Quick. It made me laugh, and I'm hard to get a laugh out of. It is also filled with romance and ironic plot twists.
witch love
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

President! Thank you for that, you have some of the same feelings I do in regards to this genre, well put.
In light and love
Kay
-=--=--
- Anthony Hopkins
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

Try Scandal by Amanda Quick. It made me laugh, and I'm hard to get a laugh out of. It is also filled with romance and ironic plot twists.
Own it. And most other Amanda Quicks. Jayne Anne Krentz (Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle) is one of my favorites, along with Jennifer Crusie and Jane Heller.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Try "The Time Traveler's Wife." The book was good, the movie... not so much.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

"On Chesil Beach" by Ian McEwan
"Possession" by A.S. Byatt

"On Chesil Beach" made me cry and "Possession" made me think. I enjoyed both books very much.

Welcome to BookTalk Witch Love! Catchy name you got there! :)
tjamesmoss.author
Devoted Member

Unread post

kelstan wrote:
Own it. And most other Amanda Quicks. Jayne Anne Krentz (Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle) is one of my favorites, along with Jennifer Crusie and Jane Heller.
I'll tell you, I stumbled upon Amanda Quick.. Jayne Anne Krentz... etc (about four other pseudonyms) one day in a library giveaway. She's got a way with the pen, and her wit is just fab.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”