• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Vegasaurus vs. Meatasaurus? Discuss...

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Re: vegans on parade

Unread post

[Fyvel: Frank, from what I have read so far about your own diet, it is certainly not the "average North American diet" that I have been referring to.]No I don't suppose it is, I take my health seriously and what I put into my body has a lot to do with how I feel.[Fyvel: That is part of why I don't care much for PETA: they tend to be biased and extreme and cast a negative light on people who share their views]PETA ug, pleeese don't get me started![Fyvel: One thing I notice about the foods you ate that day is that there doesn't seem to be much fat there. I find that chopping an avocado up in a salad really helps with satiety (and taste!). Lots of good healthy fats in avocado.]I'll have to try that I haven't had avocado in a while.[Fyvel: I personally think that adding fruits and veggies and whole grains to a diet will have more health effects than cutting meat out of a diet.]I completely agree with you here, this is very much what I did to improve my personal diet and it has helped me loose weight and stop the rollercoaster cycle. Not long after that I started working out more and I feel better overall. One of the things I saw relatively recently was super size me, this documentary really helped me make the final step away from fast food. Later
gavin.impett

Re: Vegasaurus vs. Meatasaurus? Discuss...

Unread post

Wandered in here by way of looking for a review of Vegasaur to help edit this http://ancestryfoundation.org/ The raw footage is up, but it's the first conference dealing with nutrition using evolution science. There are some 40 talks, one dealing specifically with how to talk to a vegetarian. I'm in the process of marrying the slides to the talks(something Vegasaur does), but the truly motivated can do it themselves.

Have fun,
Gavin
takakoanami
Getting Comfortable

Re: Vegasaurus vs. Meatasaurus? Discuss...

Unread post

Very true, not all the nutrients that our body needed can be supplied by vegetable alone. Check out the food pyramid and you’ll see there that animal meat play a significant role. Learn how to balance your meal.

Return to “Science & Technology”