• In total there are 45 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Do you avoid books that are exclusively available as eBooks?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.

Yes

No votes
No

100%
I don't read eBooks at all

No votes
I only buy eBooks

No votes
Who cares

No votes

Total votes: 3
marQus3
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

So I'm curious. I'm the kind of person who always looks for an eBook version of whatever I want to read. If it's a book I simply have to have on my bookshelves, I'll go out an buy the hardback version as well, but for day to day reading, I want eBooks simply because I can carry a virtual library with me and never be at a loss for something to read. In my travels I've encountered some people, especially in bookstores, that when I ask about eBooks, turn their noses up and say things like "I'd never read an eBook!" Hence my curiosity. How many of you out there would buy a book that was only available as an eBook. Do you love them or hate them? And why? Thanks!
Cheers!
Mark

Check out Devils and Dreamers: A Pukking Grand Novel by Amanda S. Sanges
Where the devils and human, the dreamer is prey and sanity is optional.
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Re: Do you avoid books that are exclusively available as eBooks?

Unread post

I really don't care whether a book has been published electronically or via traditional publishing. The problem, however, with many self-published ebooks is that they are poorly written. Aside from technique and style, they tend to be full of grammatical and spelling errors. Seriously, how hard is it to proof read? IT'S NOT!!!! I find it appalling when a so-called author doesn't know the difference between their, they're and there. If they can't learn the basics of their craft, I have no desire to read their work.
[bookworm]
Almost Comfortable

Re: Do you avoid books that are exclusively available as eBooks?

Unread post

I get almost all my books on my Kindle. I agree completely, marQus3, that it's simply so much handier having all my books available to me and with me at all times on my Kindle than having hardcover versions of everything.

It's true, as kelstan said, that some are badly edited and full of mistakes, and I delete it off my Kindle straight away if that is the case. However some are well written and great books, and so I would still get it, despite it's only being available as an eBook, and leave the judgement until after I've read it!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”