• In total there are 36 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Writing and Books are my passion

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Writing and Books are my passion

Unread post

Acoustic guitar is such a beautiful instrument. I guess I'm just a complete music nut. My wife and I just saw Dolly Parton in concert a few days ago and in February I'm seeing Keb Mo.

Yes, please do send me a music file if you can email it. But a CD recording would work too. My contact info is on the Contact page at http://www.booktalk.org/contact.php
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
[bookworm]
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Welcome to booktalk! I play guitar too :) I find it so relaxing and fun... kind of like reading :D
celinerm29
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi

Yes playing the guitar is a lot of fun and very relaxing. Sometimes I even dabble with writing a few songs. Have you ever written a song?

Celine
[bookworm]
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I've tried... I'm in a band, and we went to our local recording studio and had our song recorded, but I was never really happy with it... I usually start a song, but then I can never figure out how to finish it so the endings are always not what I want them to be and I can never be happy with them... drives me insane! haha :)
R. LeBeaux
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

celinerm29 wrote:I got rejections too.
Rejection is part of the business. I have an entire file box full of rejection slips, but I made a career out of writing and it paid the bills for over twenty years, while allowing me to do what I loved. By the way, I also play the guitar and have ever since I was a teenager. Before I became a professional writer, I made my living as a Rock musician, and I still keep my old acoustic in a stand by my desk (it often complains to me that I don’t pay enough attention to it). Anyway, hang in there and welcome to Booktalk.
Author of the novel Then Again - An Adventure in Time Travel
amazon.com/Then-Again-Adventure-Time-Tr ... f_=asap_bc
http://www.wmpublishing.com/
celinerm29
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Yes I have kept some of the rejections slips too especially the ones that gave some encouragement. Once I started getting my work accepted, it seemed more doors opened at a lot of other journals. I just keep writing and try all avenues to get my work out there. I get annoyed with some writers who are new to the business and expect instant fame and big money. It's hard to tell them that you have to earn your stripes before the big things happen. But writing is so much fun and a good escape from things especially when you have a lot of stress going on. The past few years both my father and my Uncle were very sick. My Mom, sister and I took care of both of them. My Uncle passed away on March 9th of last year and my Dad passed away on May 9th of this year. We had the house up for sale and we finally sold it and we moved to our new place this past Saturday. Now we can begin a new life. I have written a lot of poems about both my Dad and Uncle and dedicated one of my children's books to my Dad who was my biggest cheerleader.

Talk to you soon,

Celine

Return to “Everything Else”