• In total there are 118 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 117 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

imaging yourself in the book

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Tonya1000
Master Debater

imaging yourself in the book

Unread post

Do you ever imagine yourself in the book that your reading?
misshapenskies
Getting Comfortable

Re: imaging yourself in the book

Unread post

Yes!! Hahaha, all the time. Sometimes I picture how I would feel in certain situations then write about it as though I was actually IN the book <-- or is that too wierd? xD
Definition for "defenestrate": throw through or out of the window; "The rebels stormed the palace and defenestrated the President".
^ That right there happens to be one of my favourite words. EVER.
deathscythe210
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

i actually do that a lot, especially if i'm really, really into the book.
P_catherine
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Oh yes, all the time! It's like a role-playing game where we become one with the character. But I can't say if the character I choose is similar to me or I admire her so much that I'd like to be like her..
R. LeBeaux
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

Definitely. If the writer is competent and creates believable characters, the reader should always be able to identify personally with one or more of them, even the “dark” or evil ones, since we all have a dark/evil side (though we often do not acknowledge it). The best of novelists should be able to make the story virtually swallow the reader, and make him/her feel as if they are actually experiencing the events in a novel.

Author of the novel Then Again - An Adventure in Time Travel
amazon.com/Then-Again-Adventure-Time-Tr ... f_=asap_bc
http://www.wmpublishing.com/
VMLM
Experienced

Unread post

R. LeBeaux wrote:The best of novelists should be able to make the story virtually swallow the reader, and make him/her feel as if they are actually experiencing the events in a novel.
I always imagine myself in the novel-world of the book I'm reading.. I can't help it xD. But the only time this has happened to me was while I was reading Golden Compass...
Spoiler
When Lyra and Pantalaimon just barely escape being severed, I remember I could just feel as if a steel edge were about to cut off some part of my body.

Return to “Everything Else”