• In total there are 49 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

A Movie you have watched based off of a book that follows the book almost to a T..

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Re: A Movie you have watched based off of a book that follows the book almost to a T..

Unread post

No Country for Old Men - hit the nail dead on.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: A Movie you have watched based off of a book that follows the book almost to a T..

Unread post

Saffron wrote:No Country for Old Men - hit the nail dead on.
You're right. The direction by the Coen brothers was skillful, and of course the actors were terrific. What made it perhaps easier to translate to film than other books was that, at least as I recall it, McCarthy never got into the characters' heads in the way that many writers do. It was actions and behavioral details that he relied on to give us the fuller sense of who they were. I guess the exception to that was the sheriff, about whose thoughts McCarthy assumed omniscience (I think). It was a particularly cinematic book.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

The movie for "Shutter Island" was almost perfect.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
Damifino
Intern

Unread post

I thought Memoirs of a Geisha was pretty bang on. Mind you I watched the movie quite some time after reading the book.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Damifino wrote:I thought Memoirs of a Geisha was pretty bang on. Mind you I watched the movie quite some time after reading the book.
I actually didn't like the movie that much; I thought it was kind of boring. xP I really like the book though.
Last edited by wilde on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Damifino - I read that book recently and had no idea it had been made into a movie. Will check the shops for iut.
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons

Return to “Everything Else”