• In total there are 62 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Angel - "A delight to read...delicate, funny and wildly alluring." (Stephen Fry)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Sebastian Michael
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: Angel - "A delight to read...delicate, funny and wildly alluring." (Stephen Fry)

Unread post

writerjohnb wrote:I know what you mean about getting the word out about your novel.
I've concluded I'm a better writer than promoter.
Good luck,

JohnB
I feel very much the same way; the very idea of promoting the book was something that I used to struggle with, enormously. But...
TheWriter wrote:Well the name STEPHEN FRY sure got my attention so you should use it shamelessly.

Good Luck with the further promotion of your book!
...this certainly helped. Even friends of mine who should really know me well enough to just read the book out of interest, suddenly started paying attention to it once I told them about this. So yes, I have a feeling that whether I like it or not, I just have to promote the hell out of this now, using every tool in the box. And the Stephen Fry quote is a handy one to have, it would seem...

Thank you both for your good wishes and encouragement!
Image"A delight to read. So delicate, casually cruel, wickedly funny and wildly alluring." - Stephen Fry

Angel by Sebastian Michael on kindle on iBooks in hardback in paperback
Sebastian Michael
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: Angel - "A delight to read...delicate, funny and wildly alluring." (Stephen Fry)

Unread post

Happy to report that Angel is now available on all major platforms (Amazon Kindle, Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble Nook and Kobo) and certainly the UK price seems to have aligned itself at £1.99 / £2.00 respectively. How exactly this expresses itself on the US and European sites I'm not sure, but it's good to know that no matter what reading device you use, you can now download Angel for less than a decent cappuccino...
Image"A delight to read. So delicate, casually cruel, wickedly funny and wildly alluring." - Stephen Fry

heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

What a relief!! Something funny!! I just downloaded it. Good value at £2. Can't wait to read it now
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
Sebastian Michael
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

heledd wrote:What a relief!! Something funny!! I just downloaded it. Good value at £2. Can't wait to read it now
aw thanks! i hope you'll find reading it rewarding...

heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

am half way through it and enjoying it. At first was very impatient with the 'beauty' of this boy, but now he has lost it am intrigued and can't put it down. It also seems that the writer has matured / improved as he has continued with the story. Really good stuff, and I understand why Stephen Fry endorsed it now
Sebastian Michael
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

heledd wrote:am half way through it and enjoying it. At first was very impatient with the 'beauty' of this boy, but now he has lost it am intrigued and can't put it down. It also seems that the writer has matured / improved as he has continued with the story. Really good stuff, and I understand why Stephen Fry endorsed it now
thanks! i'll be intrigued to hear your final verdict...

heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

I thought it was very good. I'm not a reviewer. Really enjoyed it, and thought the author really 'took off' somehow a short way into the book, like he was getting into his stride.
I liked also the way you kept foretelling the future, so we knew characters were going to die, but up till the end I was in suspense. I didn't think he would really die, or I didn't want him to.
I also thought your dealing of the gay community very sensitive and witty
Sebastian Michael
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

heledd wrote:I thought it was very good. I'm not a reviewer. Really enjoyed it, and thought the author really 'took off' somehow a short way into the book, like he was getting into his stride.
I liked also the way you kept foretelling the future, so we knew characters were going to die, but up till the end I was in suspense. I didn't think he would really die, or I didn't want him to.
I also thought your dealing of the gay community very sensitive and witty
thank you very much - it's really excellent to hear that someone who has actually read and enjoyed the book talk about it on booktalk! and never mind about not being a reviewer; you're a reader, and that's what counts...

Sebastian Michael
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

This is really cross-referencing, in case anyone is interested:

If you are based in New York City, or happen to be there towards the end of October, my first feature film as a writer/director, The Hour of Living, is in the official selection of the NYC Independent Film Festival. The screening takes place on Saturday, 20th October, 11:30am at the Producers' Club, 358 west 44th street. Full details are at http://www.thehourofliving.com. And I'm hoping to be there myself, of course...

Sebastian

Sebastian Michael
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

New review for ANGEL just out on MyBookAddiction: "Once you read this novel, you will want to share it with everyone you know." mybookaddictionreviews.com/2012/10/07/a ... n-michael/ with a 4.5 star rating for "a great read / must have".

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”