• In total there are 109 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 109 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Newbie from England !

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
sal10e
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: Newbie from England !

Unread post

Hi Bookworm90/Rosie - I also love Laurell Hamilton's ANita Blake Vampire Hunter series. They are fantastic. I read the Twilight stuff as well but Hamilton is much better. Have you ever read L. J. Smith's The Vampire Diaries -it was originally a series of 4 books that came out late 1980s, early 90s before the recent vampire craze and they were really good. She has come out with a few more since then as the CW station, turned them into an awesome TV show (also called The Vampire Diaries.) I typically don't find movies or tv as good or better than the books they are about but the Vampire Diaries on the CW is one exception to that. They did justice to the books staying fairly close to the original four and then expanding the story lines and characters in believable ways and the show is really great. I can't wait for the 4th season to start in October.
The Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris are also good. I have The Other Boleyn Girl but have not read it yet. Might have to give it a try soon.

Return to “Everything Else”