• In total there are 55 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Do you like elephants?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Amanda Darlene
Getting Comfortable

Re: Do you like elephants?

Unread post

Suzanne
Ah polar bears are nice too. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it here :)

Steve
Your daughter's book sounds good! Were you the first to read it?

Cattleman
What is your trilogy about?
Aww my best friend's favorite animal is the rhino too :)

Penelope
That sounds beautiful! I would love to be able to be so close to an elephant. I've always wanted to ride one. 

Olivia
Thanks! I'm glad to be here :)
Ooh a zoo tour sounds fun!

Chris
Thank you! :)
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Amanda, my trilogy is science fiction, about the discovery, exploration and colonization of an extrasolar planet. I am trying to make it character driven; hope to have the first volume to a publisher by the end of the year.

And I did ride an elephant once. Back when my kids were kids, we took them to a drive-through zoo (these were a short-lived phenomonem then). After touring the park, they had a concession area with some 'extra' attractions. Elephant rides were one of them. It wasn't a very long ride, but we could all say we had done it.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Amanda Darlene
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Cattleman
Oh good luck with your book. That sounds like a good read :) 

They have short elephant "rides" here in town when the fair/rodeo is here but really the elephant just goes in about 3 circles. I've never even bothered. Besides, I don't think that things like fairs and such treat their animals the best. 

Return to “Everything Else”