• In total there are 84 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 80 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Has anyone else been deeply emotionally effected by a book? If so, help me get through this.

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Rhonda Louise
Getting Comfortable

Re: Has anyone else been deeply emotionally effected by a book? If so, help me get through this.

Unread post

Thanks for your post. It is really weird because about half an hour ago I decided to read Norwegian Wood, just because I saw the title somewhere and it spoke to me somehow. Shpooky!
Rhonda Louise
Author, Wombat Sushi

How to make Wombat Sushi:
1. Take six Australian dancers and one singer who can’t seem to get along.
2. Add a pinch of stupidity, a dash of naïvety and loads and loads of alcohol.
3. Make sure the mixture contains absolutely no self-restraint.
4. Pour into a Japanese club and simmer for three months.
Caution: Definitely contains nuts!
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Re: Has anyone else been deeply emotionally effected by a book? If so, help me get through this.

Unread post

Coincidentally, I've just finished reading "Hold my Hand" by Glenys Carl. Has anyone else on Booktalk read it? It is about a woman whose son goes on holiday to Australia and is badly beaten, leaving him brain damaged. Its different to other stories about hardship - maybe its the way she writes - but the way things just fall in to place as she needs them is quite amazing. It has left me feeling very emotional, although it hasn't affected me the way Thorn Birds did or the way wallinthewell is feeling. It will be a stand-out amongst all the other books I have read and I've already started another book.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”