• In total there are 22 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

What books are you currently reading?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Re: What books are you currently reading?

Unread post

I am reading End of Faith. Just an hour ago I finished Marley & Me. The book was a gift from one dog lover to another. I had it sitting around for a few months. Then, a refrigerator repairman discussed reading it with me last week while fixing my refrigerator. Yes, I talk to everyone about books! LOL His comments made me want to read it. It was a cute little story. I cried at the end though.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Never read Visser...any works you recommend? I will do a search in the meantime.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Loricat: Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion (someone linked to a section of her essay on morality...I was intrigued, went out to buy it)That would be me. What do you think of it? I linked to the morality essay because it seemed to be the easiest to tie into some of our pet themes here, but a number of her essays are quite interesting.
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

Mr. P: Never read Visser...any works you recommend?If you only read one book by her, read "The Rituals of Dinner" -- about how table manners etc. developed. I enjoyed this book immensely. "Much Depends on Dinner" is an earlier book, and in it she dissects a typical meal, talking about the history and historical significance of each ingredient (much like "Salt") I'm in the middle of "The Geography of Love" where she turns her culturally dissecting eye to a church in Rome.Mad: That would be me. What do you think of it?Thanks for the recommendation. I'm enjoying is so far -- the preface alone is worth the price of admission. A compelling writer. I'm trying to savour it, because I have a tendency to devour books -- I read very quickly, and I'm really trying to slow down. "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds." Loricat's Book NookCelebrating the Absurd
juniper9

Unread post

i just started reading, The Kite Runner.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

The Kite Runner was suggested a few months ago. How are you liking it so far? And welcome to the community.
Apneatica

Unread post

I'm in the middle of "Sexing the Cherry" by Jeanette Winterson (such a great writer! ) and I also just started "Lady Chatterley's Lover" by D.H. Lawrence.
nikishajb

Unread post

I am currently reading Step on a Crack by James Patterson.It is the new Series by James Patterson about a Detective who has 10 adoptive kids and his wife is dying and he has to learn to deal with raising them and doing his job. So far it is good and there has been alot of action so far. Can't wait to get home and get into reading it more.I must sound like such a nerd but I love to read.
Rich206

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

I just started Darwinia by Robert Charles Wilson, one of my favorite sci-fi authors. I just finished The Visitor by Sheri S. Tepper, an author that Loricat recommended on her blog. I ordered a few more of Tepper's from the library. I think she may become a new favorite. Junk Drawer
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

nikishajb: I must sound like such a nerd but I love to read.If that's your definition of nerd, then we're all nerds. Never apologize for reading!! "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds." Loricat's Book NookCelebrating the Absurd

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”