• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Do you sing in the Shower?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Do you sing in the Shower?

Yes, but only when nobody else is home

17%
Yes, and I sound good!

60%
No, I don't sing much anywhere

17%
No, even the acoustics of a shower can't help my voice!

7%

Total votes: 30
Audrey
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Absolutely. I even bring in my cd player to sing along.
sweetpea27
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Deffinetley love to sing in the shower :D
WildCityWoman
Genius

Unread post

Certainly! If I'm in the mood to sing, I sing.

When I was studying Hari Krishna, I loved chanting - did it for about two years.

I also like to sing old Bessie Smith blues numbers . . .
WildCityWoman
Genius

Unread post

Actually, ya' know what?

If I feel like singing, I sing wherever the hale I want to sing.

Every notice how people look at you oddly if they pass you on the street and you've been singing?

Boom! Boom!
Ain't it great to be
Crazy!

More people oughta' sing!
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Singing

Unread post

Sometimes I sing in the shower. I usually sing in the shower if I turn on music before I get in.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

hmmm

Unread post

lol, you know what they say about people that AREN'T singing in the shower!! :laugh:
brikayla72
Official Newbie!

Doesnt everyone sound good in the shower

Unread post

I thought everyone sang in the shower. Well everyone in my house does. And we all swear we sound good.
lemme think
Master Debater

Unread post

I am singing in the shower again!

This topic caught my eye because it has recently been a topic in my household. My mother passed away 8 years ago, when my son was 4. I stopped singing, it seemed like every time I tried to sing, I ended up crying. My mother sang all the time, and, what can I say other than I am a wimp.

Well, fast forward, I have found my singing voice again. And who pointed it out in this household but my now 12 year old son, who said "Mom, it's nice to hear you singing in the shower again, I haven't heard that since before we lived in Germany!"

Though he didn't make the connection as to why, it is interesting that he noticed!

And yes, I have an amazing voice in the shower! Tee hee, at least it makes ME happy! :D
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I tried to sing in the shower when I was younger, because everyone in movies and on television seemed so cheerful when they did it... and I know this is weird, but I hate showers. They just seem so frightfully inefficient. Turn the shower on, get the temperature right, find towels, get undressed, clean clean clean, get out, get dry, brush hair, clean ears, dry hair, tidy shower, find clean clothes, drape towel, put away floor mat.... ohmygod! I need Star Trek's sonic showers already!

Anyway, long story short, singing in the shower didn't take. I didn't like it and I felt weird. Very, very rarely, I'll hum a little... that usually means I'm trying not to think about an unpleasant topic. Sometimes I read in the shower, but only with books I don't care if they get a bit damp.

The only times I sing would be in the car, and when I'm cleaning. And both of those are only if I'm in a good mood and I have the music turned up very loud. And honestly, I have a horrible voice, so the world is better off with me keeping quiet. I sound very young, and slightly like a muppet. Seriously. :)
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
bolsen1
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I don't sing in the shower. I used to whistle, but I guess I haven't been that happy in a long time.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”