• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Memoir

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
My books
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Marilyn,

I just added "A Long Way Gone: memoirs of a boy soldier" by Ishmael Beah to my Amazon wish list. Can you tell me a little more about it?

Also, I'm reading James Lipton's memoir "Inside Inside" It's incredible writing and a good read - I'm just trying to get past my jealousy at his amazing life :roll: The way he tells it, he has been integral to the most important segments of American entertainment history for the last 30 years or so... and I believe him, I just wonder how someone gets to be so lucky.
bohemian_girl
Book Nut

Unread post

I noticed that this thread hadn't been touched for a while.

I'm currently reading a memoir by Michael Ross titled 'The Volunteer: My Secret Life in the Mossad.' It's excellent so far. It's about a Canadian soldier who went to Israel on a holiday and fell in love with the country. He ended up marrying an Israeli woman, coverting to Judaism, joining the military and ended up serving in the highest ranks of the Mossad, Israel's secret service. Obviously, for security reasons, he has to be a bit restrictive with what information he can give, but it's fascinating nonetheless.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”