• In total there are 44 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Some great fiction reads

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

BookWorm13

If you really like Thriller and suspense, check out Vengeance Settles the Score.

VENGEANCE SETTLES THE SCORE

Two young women went missing. One of them battered and terrified made it out alive. Her best friend was not so lucky. They never caught the killer. The case went cold. The only survivor isn't talking but she knows he's still out there, waiting and watching. Five years later the killer is back with a vengeance. He has perfected his technique. A student of the university has found another innocent student brutally raped, tortured, and murdered. This case will be a tough one, the main hope is for the killer to screw up and leave behind some forensic tidbit. Nevertheless, this killer is a careful planner. The investigation intensifies as the race against time begins. The real question is can the killer be caught before he settles the score.

Excerpt ...

Dorothy awoke to darkness. She thought she was groggy from the night before. She coaxed herself. Come on girl, open your eyes, you have to meet your mom this morning. She knew she had not had that much to drink at Eve's party last night. If she did, she would have a hangover that would top the charts. Her head was killing her and she felt nauseated. There was blood dripping from her head. She tried to get up but something was holding her down. She realized she could not move her hands or feet. Blackness confined her. She felt alone and desperate. Tears ran down her face as confusion took over. Her thoughts raced. What is going on, where am I? "Hello? Is anyone here?" She tried to speak but only muffled sounds came out. Slowly she began to remember, she never made it to Eve’s party. The last memory she recalled was her cell phone ringing as she was on her way out the door to leave for Eve’s party. The caller told her that someone broke into her car. The voice on the other end of the line told her, she needed to meet with campus security next to her car to fill out an incident report. He said it would not take long if they began the process right away. She walked down to her car and… and… her mind went blank. → Back

Readers Reviews
Tammy - I read your book and could not put it down. It drew me in within the first chapter. I couldn't wait to see how the story played out and when someone would catch that crazy killer. I caught all your personal references as well which made it even more fun to read. I tried posting a review on amazon but for some reason it would not allow me to post. I'll try agian tomorrow. Can't wait to read Running From Her Past, if I can pry it out of Mark's hands. Keep writing you are on a roll!

Barbara G. - I finished the book, by the way and I truly enjoyed it. I very much liked the ending.
I put the book on my coffee table and when my pastor came today he picked it up and read the back cover. I told him how great the book is. Before he left he picked it up again and flipped thru some pages reading bits of it. He seemed quite interested, so I told him he could get one on Amazon.com. I intend to leave it on the coffee table for any visitors to see.

Mochjavabar - I'm reading your book now. I'm half way through. I'm really enjoying it. One minor thing .. some of your characters speak more formally than I would expect them to.

JB - I don't normally read. But I couldn't put it down. I started reading the day I got it and finally had to put it down at midnight. First thing, the next morning, I picked it up and finished it. WOW! How do you come up with this stuff? Can't wait for the next book.

Johnny - I read it in one day. GREAT. I couldn't put it down.

L. Daniels - "Thank you. Your book is a hit here!! Bob finished it now Ashley has it. Maybe Dave and I will get a chance to read it before the next one comes out!! lol
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
dryflygospel
Official Newbie!

more great fiction

Unread post

Try A River Runs Through It by Norman MacLean!
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Unread post

Ooooh, how about:

Hero by Perry Moore
The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
Angela and Diabola by Lynne Reid Banks
Instruments of Night by Thomas Cook
The Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan
Septimus Heap by Angela Sage
Weaveworld by Clive Barker
A Fine Dark Line by Joe R. Landsdale
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
The Wyrm by Stephen Laws

...and a whole lot more!!!!!!!! :laugh2: Kochi kochi!!!!!!!!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Kochi, Kochi

Unread post

Hello again, "worm in the book",

Thank you, I really enjoy your friendliness and energy, and your use of the smileys are very creative.

Suzanne
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Unread post

:laugh2: Hehehehe! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wbounce: :ninjajig: These smileys are just really amazing!!!!

Thank you!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

:P :bow: :punk:
blitzen1
Official Newbie!

Re: Some great fiction reads

Unread post

The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox is fabulous and intriguing. What a web he wove. Long, but a fast read!
hmchappy
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Fiction suggestions:

War for the Oaks by Emma Bull is a really good fantasy novel, with an engaging cast of characters.
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card if you want (gritty) science fiction from the child's point of view. This is a novel I reread yearly.
$everance by Richard Kaempfer for a hysterical book about the lengths one man will go to just get fired already. Kaempfer takes pointed and truthful jabs at the media industry, but it's so funny you can't help but laugh.
Mean Martin Manning by Scott Stein, another very funny book about a man who hasn't left his apartment in thirty years and doesn't see any reason why he should.
The Lost Art of Telling Lies by Eva Rice, set in post-War England. It's something of a coming-of-age novel while also a bit of a mystery. Beautifully written.

Any of these sound interesting?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”