• In total there are 36 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Do you like books made into movies?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

slumdog

Unread post

Hello Nadine:

Could you tell me the name/author of the book for slumdog. I heard it was called Q & A, not sure. The movie was great, so I would really look forward to reading the book.

I'm reading Revolution Road now. I was telling BulletProof about the disapointment I feel sometimes with the actors chosen, but while reading RR, Leonardo DiCaprio springs to life, it's almost like the book was written for him, even though the book was written before he was born. I have no desire to see the movie.

No Country for Old Men was good, both book and movie,

Suzanne
Ashleigh
All Star Member

Unread post

I guess it just depends on the script writer and director and how the movie gets adapted to film, doesn't it?
Books are my life
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

books into movies

Unread post

Your right, I think the best movies would be those where the author has a say in the script. There is a funny commerical running now, where the author sells his book, and the director destroys the whole story. But, the author in the commericial is buying some fancy car with a model on his arm, so he doesn't care. It's hard going up against Hollywood.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Hello Suz

I don't know who Nadine is, but since I mentioned how much I enjoyed Slum Dog Millionaire, I will reply that the author is Vikas Swarup.

The original book was called Q&A but the one I have just enjoyed was published after the film was made and is named the same as the film.

There is an interview with the author included at the end and some questions to address for a book discussion.

Pen x
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

slumdog

Unread post

Thanks Penelope, and thanks to Nadine, the daisy picker. Sorry, won't happen again.

Suzanne
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Suz:

Oh!!! That Nadine!! I'd forgotten about her!!! :laugh:
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Nadine

Unread post

Hello Penelope:
If I had to live my life over again, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.
Nadine Stair

Or, if I had to live my life over again, I'd dare to make more mistakes that did not show. I have a tattoo, BIG mistake!

Suzanne
GWMORROW
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I thought that they did a decent job with the Harry Potter Series. I still like the books better; but, was impressed with the movies.
xbutterflyx
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I also hope to have read the book first. I think it's a rarity that the movie is a good as the book. When on screen it's someone's edit and version. When I read the book, it's my version. lol.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Slum Dog Millionaire was a decent movie, but nothing to write home about. I can't help to think the book must have been much better.

Here is a relatively new site that focuses on movies based on books. They link to BookTalk.org and I just put a link to them on our Links page. I also made a few posts there on "The Princess Bride" and a few others.

Return to “Everything Else”