• In total there are 32 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hellooo!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bluet
Creative Writing Student

Re: Hellooo!

Unread post

I have one cat and his name is Oscar and I must be historical because I am 50+. :D
justareader
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Wilde:
If you like Saramago and historic fiction you'll find the right combination in "History of the Siege of Lisbon" (Historia do cerco de Lisboa), if you can read it in Portuguese it's even better. In this novel, Saramago tells an amazing story about the conflict between Arabs (or Muslims) and Christians for controlling the Portugal capital city during the Middle Ages.

You are lucky that Saramago is so prolific, others of his excellent books are: All the Names, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ, Memoirs of the Convent, The Duplicated Man, Travel to Portugal. My favorite one is All the Names (Todos os nomes).

justareader
jkircher
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Chris, getting older does not suck LOL Just think of all you have read and experienced and expect to continue to learn and experience. I would never never go back to any year in my life other than the one I am in right now. However, I think we view 'history' as past events and then define 'past' as before our existence. So, of course, you are correct in that if it happened before me, then to me it is history. Since I was born in early 1942, even WWII is not 'before me' :-)
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

LOL yeah. Everyone here is so great; this site is very relaxing.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

It's not always relaxing, lol...don't let the welcomes fool you. Once you get into actual book discussions it's exciting and stimulating and sometimes frustrating, but it's always fun because you get to talk about books!! I love books. :D

Oh, and welcome aboard! :-P
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Well, it can be mentally stimulating, but I wouldn't say it makes me excited or anything. I'm really laid-back though.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!

Return to “Everything Else”