• In total there are 30 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

how many people have read The Twilight Saga Collection???

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
WhimsicalWonder
Upwardly Mobile

Re: how many people have read The Twilight Saga Collection???

Unread post

*whispers* It's okay Theo, I'm down here too.
Genocide
Intern

Unread post

Fair enough. To each their own. I remember reading it when it came out, I must have been 6 or 7. I loved it. I bet if I was younger and read Twilight I'd hold it just as high.
Dropping glasses just to hear them break.
WhimsicalWonder
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

My mother loved the Harry Potter books. Passionately. I'm the black sheep. Obviously. I just started 'The Count of Monte Cristo' as an ode to this thread. My mind works in mysterious ways. Try not to judge.
WhimsicalWonder
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

as an ode to... or in honor of. *sighs* Too much coffee, too much thought.
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

Hahaha. I love it, Whimsical. I'm starting on a whole list of classics, so your mind is not so mysterious to me. I hope to make time for 'Count of Monte Cristo' in the near future. :)
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
Genocide
Intern

Unread post

Theomanic wrote:There is a constant debate on if reading something terrible is better than not reading at all. I think if people read bad books and it gets them reading good books, then yes, it's a good thing.
I suppose it doesn't truly effect us either way. :]
Dropping glasses just to hear them break.
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Definitely being the right age for something makes a huge impact - I look at stuff now that I loved when I was a kid or teenager and some of it is definitely wince-worthy! However, I would've thought I would like Twilight as it is very similar in style to books I read as a teenager and loved (the books by LJ Smith that have been republished due to this sudden surge in vamp lit popularity). But the movie seemed awkward and my friend who has almost identical tastes to me in that regard really didn't like it. So. I guess I'm giving thoughts to both sides of the argument. :) I am sort of curious to give it a try anyway. I read most of the Sookie Stackhouse novels and the writing in those was really not good, but yet I endured because I enjoyed the stories.

My boyfriend *loves* "The Count of Monte Cristo"... he's heading it for the third time now. It's very improbable compared to his normal selection of authors; typically he reads Irvine Welsh and John Irving.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
WhimsicalWonder
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

The count plays a dominant role in the diving bell and the butterfly which I adored relentlessly. That's my primary prompting, the final push was given to me by someone who started me on the movie and then cut it off halfway through.... Then of course this thread started saying "read more fiction" to me so here I am... except the kids were out for a couple of hours and I wound up re-watching the road to perdition and getting tipsy instead. Hence the poor grammar. It simply ceases to be a priority when driniking. :)
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I forgive my Sartre-buddy anything. (I would say Nausea-buddy but that sounds bad).

I've not read "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". I feel like it would make me very sad. I'm not really one for fiction, biographies even less, and memoirs on the deathbed even less. So. At least it's not a memoir of a war hero on their death bed, that would be the end! As it is, I'm curious what you liked about it.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

Theomanic wrote:I guess I'm giving thoughts to both sides of the argument. :) I am sort of curious to give it a try anyway. I read most of the Sookie Stackhouse novels and the writing in those was really not good, but yet I endured because I enjoyed the stories.
I thought the same thing about the Sookie Stackhouse series. I haven't read the latest one yet, but the story line is pretty good for the most part, and I find her writing more tolerable than Meyer. Then again, it is written for a more adult audience.

With Meyer, I found her book The Host to be much better of a read than her Twilight series. She definitely still had her moments and phrases that made me cringe, but not nearly as often as in Twilight.
Last edited by Seraphim on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune

Return to “Everything Else”