• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Obama: Not even close to the worst president ever.

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Jim Watters
All Star Member
United States of America

Re: Obama: Not even close to the worst president ever.

Unread post

And why do you think we are in this economic crisis? Facts please.
Jim Watters
All Star Member
United States of America

Unread post

And don't give me the cost of the Iraq War crap.

Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

And why do you think we are in this economic crisis?
Whatever the cause, it's obvious that it was before Obama became president. I remember the trouble starting before he was even giving campaign speeches. If you want to discuss the financial crisis, we can start another thread. I could use some more information about it, as I've only just brushed the surface on what really caused it. But back on topic, are you claiming that Obama has caused this economic crisis? Would the charts you are posting look any different if McCain had become president?
Jim Watters
All Star Member
United States of America

Unread post

vetwriter
No End in Sight

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:I absolutely do want you to get started on this topic.

I am not affraid of your opinions, and i do hope you are not affraid of mine. Or anyone else's opinions on the matter.

I keep hearing how he is doing just a TERRIBLE job. Well, perhaps he is. Maybe i missed those events which he is responsible for, and which have hobbled our country. Enlighten me.

But remember, this isn't a scary camp-fire story. You must show your work on this one. Blanket statements are no good. Show me where he mis-stepped. I don't want your gut feelings about this. I don't want to hear about what makes you shiver when you think the accursed name... "OBAMA". I want to see the evidence. I want to see the damage he has done, in detail, so that i can see where you are coming from.
I have to agree with you. I am so sick of people saying that Obama has been a bad president and that our country is in the gutter, without backing up their comments with some sort of reason. Do they read the news? Do they question where the news originated from? Do they research anything at all? With the exception of the housing market in various parts of our country, our economy has been doing better since Obama took office. I think Obama is a well-educated, well-spoken individual who is only trying to do his best. He has tried the bipartisan thing (like with off-shore drilling), but people always want more. Let's face it, 100% of the population being happy with our president, no matter who he is, will never happen because people/companies have their own agendas. Many of the politicians are backed by companies that are making huge profits (this year has been the best year for some), but they still say that our country is in the toilet. People seem to think that the presidency is an easy job. If anything, it's the most important job and most demanding job in America.
One of my major gripes has to deal with people complaining about our deficit, but they don't want their taxes raised. People aren't willing to sacrifice anything, but want everything to be fixed. Recently, I learned that people are proposing defense cuts. Oh, but the federal government is the largest employer in the US. What do you think will happen with defense cuts? What about the sacrifices our military men are making with their lives? How easily people can claim they support our troops, but how quickly they forget that their paychecks are paid by taxes. Their equipment is paid for by TAXES.
Our country is still one of the greatest countries on Earth, and if people don't think we live in the greatest country, maybe they should live somewhere else for a while. Believe me, they will realize that the US is a great place to live. Where else can you get fat and happy, drive multiple cars, go in debt up to your eyeballs in a 4-bedroom house, with huge bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. and keep complaining that your country has been taken from you?
To find out more about both myself and the books I have written, please visit: http://www.virginiafrazier.webs.com
Jim Watters
All Star Member
United States of America

Unread post

November 5, 2010

NIA Projects Future U.S. Food Price Increases

The National Inflation Association today announced the release of its report about NIA's projections of future U.S. food price increases due to the massive monetary inflation being created by the Federal Reserve's $600 billion quantitative easing. This report was written by NIA's President Gerard Adams, who believes food inflation will take over in 2011 as America's greatest crisis. According to Mr. Adams, making mortgage payments will soon be the last thing on the minds of all Americans. We currently have a currency crisis that could soon turn into hyperinflation and a complete societal collapse.

"For every economic problem the U.S. government tries to solve, it always creates two or three much larger catastrophes in the process," said Adams. "Just like we predicted this past December, the U.S. dollar index bounced in early 2010 and has been in free-fall ever since. Bernanke's QE2 will likely accelerate this free-fall into a complete U.S. dollar rout," warned Adams.

NIA projects that at the average U.S. grocery store it will soon cost $11.43 for one ear of corn, $23.05 for a 24 oz loaf of wheat bread, $62.21 for a 32 oz package of Domino Granulated Sugar, $24.31 for a 32 fl oz container of soy milk, $77.71 for a 11.30 oz container of Folgers Classic Roast Coffee, $45.71 for a 64 fl oz container of Minute Maid Orange Juice, and $15.50 for a Hershey's Milk Chocolate 1.55 oz candy bar. NIA also projects that by the end of this decade, a plain white men's cotton t-shirt at Wal-Mart will cost $55.57.

Read the full article here:

http://inflation.us/foodpriceprojections.html
Jim Watters
All Star Member
United States of America

Unread post

Fed’s Printing Press to Fund Deficit for 6 Months
Published: Thursday, 4 Nov 2010 | 12:17 PM ET
By: John Melloy
Executive Producer, Fast Money

To find a buyer of all the government debt he’s printing, Treasury Secretary Tim Geinthner doesn’t need to travel to China, just walk a mile over to the Federal Reserve building.

With the Federal Reserve set to print $600 billion in order to buy Treasury securities, it is essentially funding the $1.2 trillion deficit for the next six months, according to Ed Yardeni, President of Yardeni Research. It’s even more if you count the reinvestment of proceeds from its mortgage-backed securities portfolio.

Read the full article here:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40008544/
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Unread post

Actually, Obama is the best President of my lifetime, though that's partially because of weak competition.

While a conservative would prefer Reagan, as a liberal I disagree with almost everything Reagan did. Obama is far more competent than Carter was. The Clinton White House was rather chaotic for its first two years, and he supported right-wing measures like cutting welfare spending. Obama is a rare President who has major accomplishments, such as expanding health care coverage and keeping the recession from becoming another Great Depression, without doing anything that made the world a worse place. He's been very capable at dealing with extremely difficult problems from the moment he took office, such as the economy and the Iraq War.

Now, I do have some complaints about Obama. He's far too eager for bipartisan solutions, when in practice giving in to Republican pressure always leads to worse policies. For example, the stimulus package would have been more effective had it contains more spending and less tax cuts, while a public health option care option would have been a welcome alternative to the insurance companies. Unfortunately, the US political system can't elect a President to the left of Obama or Clinton.
Jim Watters
All Star Member
United States of America

Unread post

Thank the Lord God. Liberal Democrats want to help all the poor, just like how they caused the subprime mortgage bubble that is making millions of people suffer with unemployment and repossessed homes by banks. The money has to come from somewhere, and Obama along with the Democrat controlled Congress (both houses) are throwing us and our children into the abyss. I dare anyone to watch the first video I posted about.

Quotes from Obama's pastor for 20 years that married him, and baptized his children, Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright:

– September 2001: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

– September 2001: “We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki. And we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.”

– September 2001: “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”

– April 2003: “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God damn America … for killing innocent people. God damn America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”

– December 2007: “Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”

– December 2007: “Hillary ain’t never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

– Jan. 13, 2008: “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

– “Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”

– "You cannot do terrorism on other people and expect it never to come back on you."

– “We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means. And … And … And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this shit!”

– "To say “I am a Christian” is not enough. Why? Because the Christianity of the slaveholder is not the Christianity of the slave. The God to whom the slaveholders pray as they ride on the decks of the slave ship is not the God to whom the enslaved are praying as they ride beneath the decks on that slave ship.
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

Jim Watters wrote:
Jim......I think your video says it all... that is all I am going to say at this point. Thank you for believing the way I believe the voters almost two weeks ago apparently felt the same way we it looks like a tea party really worked and really proved to all American citizens that the wrong person is in the White House! I think we are on the road for change now. Kudos to a tea party! A huge victory for all of us!

Return to “Current Events & History”