• In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

The Case for God

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Azrael
Masters

Re: The Case for God

Unread post

stahrwe wrote:
Frank 013 wrote:First of all... Just playin

Second... “Real” vampires are just people who drink each other’s blood... but I thought that drinking Jesus' would apply because he said he wants you to.

Third... technically zombies are just reanimated dead things... the method is irrelevant… (so Jesus would count) although the resident evil zombies are very cool… as are the zombies in the show “The Walking Dead”.

Want to see something disturbingly cool and completely unrelated… look up Zombie Ants.

Later
Not that I would split hairs, ok, I would, but the zombies on The Walking Dead are referred to as Walkers not zombies. Sucked there were only six episodes, between that and Justified it was a great year for TV.

Had seen the zombie ant thing before. God's creation is truly amazing isn't it?
God's creation is truly amazing isn't it?[
Yeah this so called god or idiot created something real good......blind fundamentalism is a wonderful heresy.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

lady of shallot wrote:Yesterday I was speaking to one of my Catholic sisters and since I had recently written in a post about transubstantiation (which Dawn thoroughly scoffs at) I asked my sister if she literally believed the wine was turned into Christs blood because of some murmured words said by a man in a long garment. She answered "absolutely" Like Randall with his relative, I was tempted to ask her what she thought a DNA analysis of such wine would reveal. But I didn't. One thing I find interesting about this particular sister is her extreme confidence in her own certainty , not only about religion but about all her opinions, attitudes.

Anyway before I fell asleep last night I was thinking about how many gallons of Jesus' blood have been consumed over the centuries. Isn't it rather ghoulish when you think about it? Here is the blood we have been told was shed for us (actually does one bleed to death in crucifixion or die of strain and exposure?) and then we want to drink it? If you had a beloved one who died would you want to honor him by symbolically drinking his blood? I think most people would be appalled at such an idea.
Lady of shallot, we Christians have the notion that the church is the body of Christ. One of the ways that metaphor was constituted was in turning the eucharistic meal into one in which Christ is present. As raw imagery, it has unpleasant aspects. But that is appropriate - their beloved one had just been martyred by the authorities. Is is so strange that the early church would carry on with a meal at which he probably said the bread represented his body and the wine represented his blood? Re-constituting the Passover meal, celebrating freedom from tyranny, as given by the mighty hand of God. My point is that they didn't shed the blood, but had good reason to remember it. Not as a glorious or a ghoulish thing, but as clear recognition that the way he died mattered.
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

Well you been lied to the last 1600 years............

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”