• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
theresam615
Official Newbie!

Re: Currently reading?

Unread post

charliespeaks wrote:What are you reading right now and what are you thinking of it so far? maybe a brief summary? was it a referred work or just something you picked up? Would you suggest it to others? (Not all of these need to be answerred just posting some ideas :-))
Hi all,

New here, taking advantage of this nice long weekend and the beginning of the winter season to get back into reading.

I used to LOVE reading as a kid... started my addiction when my brother brought me a few greats from the library when I had a bad bout of chicken pox. He brought me The Chocolate War and The Hobbit and I Am The Cheese.

Over the years life got more complex and busy and I haven't taken time to read more than maybe 1 book a year. So sad! So now I am trying to get back to my first love. :D

I had the pleasure of meeting Dennis Lehane recently and so have been getting into his books, especially the series with Patrick and Angie. His new book just came out but I've started with the first book in the series. He's a genuinely nice, funny, and thoughtful guy so I'm looking forward to reading his stuff.

I thought this thread would be a great place for me to find some recommendations.

[Moved my side-note question regarding where to find a good bed-rest/husband-pillow to another thread...]

Glad to be here!
Last edited by theresam615 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EndlessLaymon
Devoted Member

Unread post

Watchers by Dean Koontz I am loving this book.
It's a scary night in the lonesome October
2006S197
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Just started "What the Night Knows" by Dean Koontz.
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings
EndlessLaymon
Devoted Member

Unread post

Road Work by Stephen King.
It's a scary night in the lonesome October
hannahle
Official Newbie!

Unread post

the hunger games! if you've ever read ender's game, it has the same feel.
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

Notes from Underground by Dostoyevsky. This guy could write!
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
Andrez
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Kevin wrote:Notes from Underground by Dostoyevsky. This guy could write!
Heh-heh... he does have a bit of talent there! ;)
kyjake23
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Barnes & Noble here in town recently had a buy two get one free on all their self-published classics; I bought the rough equivalent of my body weight in Dostoyevsky. Currently reading "How to Read Literature Like a Professor," by Thomas C. Foster.
charlie delambert
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Okay, this is my first attempt at forum participation so I hope I'm doing it right (fingers crossed, while I'm typing no less, I'm already amazed). Anyhoo, I'm currently reading Witch and Wizard: The Gift. It's the second book in a series, or I guess you could call it the third. There was a graphic novel in between this and the first. The first book was acrually a pleasant surprise because I typically hate the author, James Patterson. It's not that he is a bad author, he just generally isn't my cup of cocoa. I was never able to get through one of his crime novels, still can't, so I was reluctant when a friend of my mine practically forced Witch and Wizard on me last year. Turns out the man knows his way around the world of the fantastic. Witch and Wizard is about a very 1984 society governed by a group called the New Order, they have abolished everything that makes life worth living and they are out to get all who oppose them. Also there is magic, and adventure, and a dog named Feffer. It's worth a peek. So, I hope I did this right. Um...That's all folks!
charlie delambert
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I just finished the book I was currently reading yesterday. Now I am currently re-reading Good Omens by Niel Gaiman and Terry Pratchet. I just love thier apocalypse.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”