• In total there are 81 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 81 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What music are you currently listening to?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Re: What music are you currently listening to?

Unread post

My dad was a teenager during the height of Beatles and Bob Dylan and all them, and he still calls them noise... then does his Dylan impression. He listens to Dio and AC/DC mostly.

I don't like techno much either.. or emo. Or screamo. -shudders-

I usually listen to anything, unless the person who made it is a teenager. Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, the Jonas brats... xDD
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

I love Bob Dylan and the Beatles which my kids always approved. Unfortunately, I also love Neil Sedaka and Carley Simon and they are not the least approving of those.

Yes, that's what it's called, thanks Wilde. Techno. Do you know, if they are playing it in one of the shops in town, I have to go and wait outside, it really makes me feel sick. I don't object to people listening to it from choice, but they shouldn't inflict it on all of us.

My grandson is sitting beside me, reading this and he's asked me to make the text pink. Also he says you spell color wrongly, it should be colour......My grandson is very British. :lol:
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I am one of those bad people who listens to my music in the car with the windows down and the volume at max. I like to share my beats! I'm trying to cheer the world up with great music! Also, it's really fun. :)

Techno music I typically leave at the club. While I enjoy a good beat, it can be overwhelming when you're not in the mood for it. (Also, your grandson spells excellently - colour is right in my world too!) Some of my music could be called emo - at least I know emo kids listen to some bands I like. I also like "screamo" when done well! Such as Nine Inch Nails or Linkin Park... again, not in all moods.

I definitely think I am starting to get Oldpersonitis in that I find much less music I enjoy today than I did when I was a teenager. However, I still find the occasional new song that I like and play 80 times in a row. I don't really write off any genre of music... I've found something I like everywhere (even Country, which I feel is much maligned by popular culture).

This is a few of my most recent adoptions (which were not necessarily when the song came out - I don't listen to the radio because DJs drive me insane, so I'm a slow one when it comes to finding new stuff).

Jack Johnson - "Banana Pancakes" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkyrIRyrRdY
Leila - "Daisies, Cats and Spacemen" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuP1lRrvnzI
The Kooks - "Naive" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-KnNVoFsCc
Toufic Farroukh - "Destins et Désirs" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIDxxx3lN_g
Silversun Pickups - "Panic Switch" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG8fugqFn9Q

If you are inclined to listen to any, let me know what you think! I guess they're not too similar to each other... I'm a little eclectic.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Color and colour are both right for me, despite what my spellcheck is currently telling me. ;P

I wouldn't consider NIN screamo... More industrial, I think. I haven't heard everything they've made though. Linkin Park is more nu metal, or just rock. Screamo is more like From First To Last (-gags-) or Devil Wears Prada.

I don't really care that much, but I know some screamo fans would get very upset if you called Linkin Park screamo.. and some NIN fans that would get upset if you called them screamo. :lol:

I do love Jack Johnson though. Very relaxing, especially his new album. I had to write about a song for 10th grade English, and I wrote about "Sleep Through the Static." It was only a paragraph, because it was part of a bigger assignment... so it wasn't a really insightful paper or anything.

Shelfari!
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Fair enough - my definition was too broad and included "music which has a lot of screaming" :D. I think of songs like Linkin Park's "One Step Closer" and... it seems pretty screamo to me. But they're no Joy Division, that is for sure.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

LOL same here. There's even more subgenres of screamo.. Too much to remember for me. :lol:

Shelfari!
realiz

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Amazingly Intelligent

Unread post

Neil Sedaka, Laughter in the Rain. And I'm looking out the window at the rain.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Oh I just love all of Neil Sedaka's music - it's his voice... not like anyone else's - and his songs are all easy to sing along with. I've liked him since 'Oh Carol' - and that's a long, long time.

I like Talking Heads too - but only that Album with Dream Operator and Radio Head featured.

I'm way behind the times, I know. In fact I'm so behind I'm meeting things coming back!
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

wilde wrote:LOL same here. There's even more subgenres of screamo.. Too much to remember for me. :lol:
Wilde's location: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_Asylum
:lol:
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:
wilde wrote:LOL same here. There's even more subgenres of screamo.. Too much to remember for me. :lol:
Wilde's location: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_Asylum
:lol:

I get Internet access 'cause I'm speshul. :P

And right now I'm listening to "Beatbox" by The Sounds.

Shelfari!

Return to “Everything Else”