• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
shuart24
Almost Comfortable

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

Just finished The Scarlet Letter. I'll probably start on Jane Austen's Persuasion next.
DaveJeb
Master Debater

Unread post

hello Emma Clark Lam,
I was up till 3:30am to finish The Book Thief, I stopped several times to catch my breath and when Max gave Liesel The Standover Man - I reread it three times, just like Liesel did and noticed new brush strokes and wording each time; when Papa was deployed it almost broke my heart. Death was an insightful narrator, I liked the idea of his focusing on color, cracked up when he shared that he did not care for mystery and did not use a scythe. What a paradigm shift to view non-Nazi Germans living through WWII. A terrific read and one I won't soon forget.
This book does not go to the used book shop, it is a keeper.
Bookish
March-Hare
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Starting The Civilizing Process by Norbert Elias.
Kergan Edwards-Stout
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Just finished The Death of Bees, which I really wanted to like but didn't, and have just started The Night Circus... Very intrigued, thus far!
Kergan Edwards-Stout is an award-winning director, screenwriter, and author. Gifts Not Yet Given will be published in October 2013. His debut novel, Songs for the New Depression, is the winner of the 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Award in the LGBTQ category, was shortlisted for the 2011 Independent Literary Awards, and was named one of the Top Books for 2012 by Out in Print and multiple other book review sites.
laurab
Official Newbie!

Unread post

'Mating' by Norman Rush. A remarkable novel with an unnamed first person narrator, set in Botswana. An intellectual challenge of vocabulary and geography and politics. Lush and detailed. I wanted to read something by Rush after reading the New York Times magazine article about Rush's oeuvre.
Nick2
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Bleeding Edge by Thomas Pynchon, to see if it is as good as the people who like it say it is. Still waiting (p90), ever hopeful.

Nick
Nora1
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Currently picking up and putting down a couple. The Sunne in Splendor by Sharon Kay Peniman, and the new Julian Barnes, Levels of Life.

Might not end up with either.

Nora
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

I'm reading Bryce Courtenay's The Persimmon Tree. He's a very popular Australian author and I love his books. Just finished Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton which is very cleverly written as someone hovering between life and death and trying to discover who lit the fire that has nearly taken her life.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
pamsey70
Official Newbie!

Unread post

The Woman Who Lost Her Soul by Bob Shacochis. Excellent writing - really like it so far!
Cruskaia
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Just finished Anybody's Miracle, by Laura Hercher. Excellent writing, and great story! Makes for good book club pick.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”