• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Seen any good movies recently?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Joad
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: Seen any good movies recently?

Unread post

I just went to see "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" and it was a great movie. Right after the movie, I went and bought "The Girl Who Plays with Fire" and "The Girl that Kicked the Hornets Nest." I'm going to have to plow through them before the next two movies in the trilogy are released. The woman that plays Lisbeth Salander was amazing, and incredibly sexy. There are some pretty explicit sex scenes that may not go over well with some people, but I would definitely recommend it, the movie that is.

If anyone else has seen it, can you tell me if it is fairly close to the book?
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." -- P. H. Fawcett
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

Unread post

"Hedwig & the Angry Inch" was entertaining, also "Frida."
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

Grim wrote:"Hedwig & the Angry Inch" was entertaining
An old ex-friend of mine used to call Hedwig and the Angry Inch an "on the rag movie," because for some reason she always wanted to watch it when she was menstruating. She was a weird girl, and a very bad friend. In fact, I totally hate her guts. But oh well.

My boyfriend and I watched The Crazies tonight (the 2010 version), freaking awesome. Having seen the original (by George Romero, no less) gave me a point of reference, and even though the scripts are completely different and the focuses are opposite, there are enough similarities to be able to compare the two and see how the new movie uses Romero's idea and runs with it, and I have to honestly say that the remake is far more entertaining, has better cinematography, acting, and is scarier, more thrilling, more intriguing, and pure awesome. I will be buying the DVD as soon as possible. I freaking loved it.

Anyone who likes sci-fi horror movies should watch this movie ASAP. 5 stars. Awesome.
sade201030
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

not really, last movie i watch was "the dark knight returns"-- question? is watching dvd movies count on this forum?
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

sade201030 wrote:not really, last movie i watch was "the dark knight returns"-- question? is watching dvd movies count on this forum?
That's mostly all I watch. :-P
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

here's a list of programming i think should be seen.

The Host. (the south korean monster movie) already a classic.
The Lost Room (SYFY mini-series about a hotel room sucked out of continuity)
Moon (good dystopian future setting starring Sam Rockwell who puts on oscar worthy performance)
Storm of the Century (Stephen King Mini series from late 90's. one of his best)
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Over vacation, I saw Grown Ups, which was really funny. I also saw Toy Story 3, and I loved it! Ken is the best. :lol:
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

Unread post

"Personal Best" and "The Paper Chase" with Timothy Bottoms and John Houseman
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Tonight we watched The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, directed by Terry Gilliam. This was Heath Ledger's last film role before he died. The way Gilliam dealt with the problem of one of his lead actor's deaths is brilliant, and not only did he make the film "in memory of" him, the other actors who stepped in to play his character's different transformations donated all of their wages for working on the film to Ledger's daughter, who was left out of his will because it was an earlier copy and he hadn't had a chance to add her to it. My respect level for Terry Gilliam, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and even Colin Farrell went up considerably. It was a pretty decent movie. Very Terry Gilliam, but set in a way so that the strange things that always happen in his movies actually made sense. I would definitely recommend it to Monty Python fans, fans of anything anachronistic, bizarre, and visually stunning.

Did I mention Tom Waits plays the devil? Awesome. :)
farmgirlshelley
Intern

Unread post

I loved Miss Potter so much that I had to buy it.
Another great movie is Dawn Anna
I love to watch movies as much as I love to read books.
:book:
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”