• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What are you reading right now...

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lluminamarie

Re: What are you reading right now...

Unread post

I am currently reading a book called Vicious Circle as this book is better to read than the first part of that series. The story of the book is readable, and more exciting than the previous one.It has more More twists and turns that looks to its readers as exciting enough.
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I just started "Salamina" by Rockwell Kent about his life in Greenland in the early '30's. My husband whose book this is, is a great admirer of Kent, his art, his life, his writings. So far the book is charming and delightful and shows Kent's appreciation of the human condition. Beautiful illustrations also.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Continuing to read Jared Diamond's Collapse. I didn't start with the earlier Germs, Guns, and Steel, will have to get to that afterwards. I'm finding the book compulsively readable even though it sometimes amounts to a blizzard of facts and factors. Diamond is a great guy for "the facts on the ground," as Robert Wright would say. He's as non-ideological as he can be in examining what makes societies fail or succeed over the long haul. He stresses that there are unavoidable environmental basics that have to be respected but often aren't due to the blindness, hubris, and well-intentioned mistakes of our species. It's not a hopeful book so far, in my view, even though Diamond says he sees reason for hope. The stakes are now global. Just to consider the case of China, set to add another 126 million households by 2015 and trying to get all of its people up to first-world consumption levels, makes hopefulness difficult.
I like the book because it gives a complete account of the environmental challenge, not focusing just on climate change as has been the trend in recent years. Even without climate change, we can run the planet aground.
Almalau
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Milan Kundera: The Unbearable Lightness of Being
funderburket
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm currently reading:
Pretty Face by Mary Hogan & Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard.
Pretty Face definitely is a great book for younger girls no older than they're 20's.
Anyone older would probably get bored with it.
It's given in a teenagers point of view on life and how much pressure there is to fall in love and be happy with your body.
mtouche
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hello I am new on this site :blush: , I am about to start ''Pride and Prejudice'' from Jane Austen which is very different for me I am usually into murder and mystery. Any who I just wanted to drop a line to say hello! :D

Have a great one!
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

mdouche, welcome! :)
mtouche
Official Newbie!

Unread post

LOL Thanks, firstime I've seen it spelled like that .... LOL
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

mtouche, Welcome. Hope you enjoy Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen is one of the worlds great writers and it was my pleasure once to visit her home and see the small table she wrote at. They have made some great movies of her books.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

When the Killing Ends by T.C. Boyle. It's another outrageous and realistic look at America from Boyle.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”