• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

What Made Today Good

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Olivia22
Freshman

Re: What Made Today Good

Unread post

Thank you Chris and everyone for your well wishes!

I'm home! I had fun on my honeymoon but I'm happy to be home.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Olivia, congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon. Good to have you back.

What made today good for me was picking up my beef. We had a steer slaughtered and processed, and I today I picked up the finished product; 388 pounds of tender, grass-fed beef. Actually, I only got half of it as I split the order with my son, but it still fills up my freezer.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

Wow Cattleman. That's cool. I wouldn't be able to do that. I would look at the cow. Decide it's too cute and end up naming it. Then I'd try to find a way to make it a pet. Lol.

So my husband's family has a tradition. When couples in the family first get married to create a challenge (be it serious or silly) to complete before they have children. So we've been wracking our brains trying to figure out what our challenge should be. Well we figured it out thanks to Entertainment Weekly. They had a 100 greatest issue. So we're going to read the 100 greatest books (according to them), listen to the 100 greatest albums, and watch the 100 greatest movies. Wish us luck!
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Actually, Olivia, we did name the steer - Ted. :blush: We have a relatively small herd, so we name or number all our animals for record keeping. What can I say...

That is some challenge. Good Luck. :wink:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

You have a herd? Really? That's cool! I live in a city so all I have is a couple of cats and dogs. Lol.

It is a big challenge. We figured something that large would give us plenty of time.
Mahree
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

I had just enough half-n-half for my first cup of coffee this morning.
"The Kennedy Half-Dollar" is an eclectic and unconventional true crime memoir.
The story is about a young woman, Seely, that finds herself caught in a nightmare with the Hawaiian Mafia. Her coworker is found dead in a cane field one morning and from that point on, Seely tries to escape their clutches. After many years she is forced to face her connection.

There are songs posted throughout the chapters. Play the music while you read. It maybe hard at first, but after the second or third song, it seems strange without. I could not write without music. What isn't expressed in my words is still in the song.
CansoH49
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi, I'm new here. I saw this post and I thought that it was a good place to enter into the conversation. What made my day good was waking up at 5:30 to see my 0ne year old grandson's little face. He ends my day on a good note, too, when he watches game shows with me until bedtime and applauds when someone wins. Then I read him a bedtime story and he kisses me goodnight. He makes everything better. Hug that little one today and everyday, I say!
SarahKRose
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

It was raining almost all day. I'm in the middle of finishing my last book of a trilogy and the rain always helps my mind flow easily from page to page :) I'm knew to this site and I'm so glad I found it! Hopefully by the end of next year I would have finished editing and it will be my books some of you lovely people will read :D
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

That my wife and I are flying to Wyoming this afternoon to visit our daughter nd her family. :D :D :) The only downside, I don't have a laptop, and will have to share their computer. Lets see, me, wife, daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter #1, granddaughter #2. So you may not see me for a while. :wink:

DaveJeb
Master Debater

Unread post

good yes, surprising - even more so. I discovered Book Talk tonight while researching American Gods (for book club next week) and enjoyed much of the discussion; I made zucchini blueberry bread (since I rarely bake I feel ridiculously accomplished when I do); started a new book, Energy myths and realities; and talked to two of my nephews. A very good day. Thanks for asking and I look forward to starting a new book with a group.
Bookish

Return to “Everything Else”