• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What are you reading right now...

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
TaylorBP
Getting Comfortable

Re: What are you reading right now...

Unread post

I'm reading two books at the moment, one for school and the other for fun. I'm reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy for my English class's book clubs we're doing, and Notes From the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevesky. I'm kind of curious about Russian literature at the moment, in case it wasn't already clear. :)
Esoldra
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart, so far so good, am 50 pages in so very early on in the book so far.
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

About to dig into The Ancient Egyptian Coffin Texts as translated by Raymond O. Faulkner. I'm very excited I finally got a hold of this work courtesy of a good friend of mine, as most of the time it is only available for outrageously expensive prices, even on sites like Ebay & Amazon.
Dawn

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

TaylorBP wrote:I'm reading two books at the moment, one for school and the other for fun. I'm reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy for my English class's book clubs we're doing, and Notes From the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevesky. I'm kind of curious about Russian literature at the moment, in case it wasn't already clear. :)
Don't miss Alexander Solzhenitsyn. I just picked up a used copy of Cancer Ward celebrated as "A literary event of the first magnitude...by Russia's greatest living prose writer".
"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."--Jesus
"For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world--to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice."--Jesus
s.kundan
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Do read "What Ho! : The Best Of Wodehouse".

This is an anthology of stories, novel-extracts, working drafts, articles, letters and poems of the twentieth century's greatest humorist, P. G. Wodehouse.
Kundan
Stack your Rack
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. - Mark Twain
lenabro
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Good Omens - because someone recommended it to me here on Booktalk.

The beginning is very funny, but it has somehow lost its momentum in the last 50 pages. Can't but my finger on the problem right now.

/LRB
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

The problem is lack of imagination and bad jokes that fall flat. The very beginning is very funny, though... I also thought the part about the dog was pretty funny, too.
anthem1
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I found this book at a local used bookstore. I love it and can't put it down. It's The Brothers of Gwynedd Quartet by Edith Pargeter. I am three quarters of the way through Sunrise in the West. It tells the story of the first Prince of Wales, Prince Llewelyn. The narrative style is true to the time period, which I love because it supports the story and creates atmosphere. In several places the descriptions of the land and people are simple breath-taking and beautiful. It makes me want to vacation there. Alas, I am too poor. Frowny face.

Happy Reading
lynn228
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm currently reading "Monster" by Walter Dean Myers. It's a young adult NF and although I don't really care for the movie script style, it portrays the fear that this young man feels when in jail. This would be a good read for any teenager, especially those that heading in the wrong direction as far as the law is concerned.
AndiSGraham
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm currently reading "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. I've read it several times before but every once in awhile I feel like returning to the Mayfair House and the rather handsome (in my mind's eye, at least) spirit that resides with the witches.
When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over. - Tony McCollum

Return to “What are you currently reading?”