• In total there are 90 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 89 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Matthew: Librarian, Blogger, Bibliofreak!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bibliofreak
Getting Comfortable

Re: Matthew: Librarian, Blogger, Bibliofreak!

Unread post

heledd wrote:Hi Matthew, and welcome.
I liked your site, and was really interested in the Pullman review. Can't wait to get a copy!
Thanks so much Heledd. The Pullman book is a really interesting read. As you probably gathered from my review, I was not totally impressed by the execution, but the idea and the craftsmanship that went into writing the book are both admirable.
Aqueda_Veronica
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

bibliofreak wrote:Aqueda_Veronica, thanks so much for the comments - it's really flattering to to know what you are doing is appreciated. It'd be lovely to have you drop back anytime, and feel free to leave comments - I love getting to know other people in the community :) Do you blog yourself?
Oh come on, no need to thank for an honest opinion :) I actually meant to say "It might sound odd but I think it's got both class and sass, which is as awesome thing." about your blog in my previous post, sorry for typing too fast.
I dabbed into bloging some time ago (in Polish) but never actually had the discipline and motivation to go through with it.

Can you recommend any other good literary blogs?
"From childhood's hour I have not been as others were
I have not seen as others saw
I could not bring my passions from a common spring
From the same source I have not taken my sorrow
I could not awake my heart to joy at the same tone
And all I loved - I loved alone"

E.A.Poe
bibliofreak
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Aqueda_Veronica wrote: Oh come on, no need to thank for an honest opinion :) I actually meant to say "It might sound odd but I think it's got both class and sass, which is as awesome thing." about your blog in my previous post, sorry for typing too fast.
I dabbed into bloging some time ago (in Polish) but never actually had the discipline and motivation to go through with it.

Can you recommend any other good literary blogs?
Haha, well it's always nice to get good feedback :) I don't think anyone has suggested I've got sass before, I'll have to keep an eye on that ;)

Ah, what did you blog about in Polish; books, personal thoughts, something else? You're right, you do need a lot of discipline, I think mine is waning already!

I suppose it depends what you enjoy, John Self's Asylum blog is a good, intelligent place for reviews. Pretty thorough for a blogger.
[bookworm]
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Welcome to booktalk Matthew! I'm starting up my own blog soon - any advice? Anyways, I'm off to check out your blog right now :)
bibliofreak
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

[bookworm] wrote:Welcome to booktalk Matthew! I'm starting up my own blog soon - any advice? Anyways, I'm off to check out your blog right now :)
Hey Bookworm - pleased to meet you :)

My main advice is to enjoy it and do read and write about what gives you pleasure! Once you start blogging there will be a whole bunch of people that want to be featured on your site. Be honest with them, there just isn't the time to read everyone's book! If they fit with your site and you have the time then great, if not politely let them now.

Have fun, and let me know when you are up and running!
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

I managed to get the Pullman book from an online library, which I've never tried before. At the moment, I'm finding it quite a refreshing change from the other stuff I've been reading, but I have to read it on my laptop, which is a bit of a pain.
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons

Return to “Everything Else”