• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

e-readers and tablets

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Rin1221
Getting Comfortable

Re: e-readers and tablets

Unread post

Justin1992 kudos to reading on your phone!!! That is a little small for me. As for using a tablet as a means for a reader, I LOVE IT! At one time I am reading at least 3 or 4 books. Being a traveler having the convenience of getting to bring all of my books rather than having to pick one is great!
At times I sometimes miss the comfort of the physical book, but all in all a tablet is the way to go.
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

Rin1221 wrote:Justin1992 kudos to reading on your phone!!! That is a little small for me.
I've tried reading on my phone too. The backlit screen is nice but tends to hurt my eyes after a while. I already wear glasses, so I don't need to add further strain.
I am just your typical movie nerd, postcard collector and aspiring writer.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

Movie Nerd wrote:Yeah, I grew up reading, and as an aspiring nerd I just kept with it.
Didn't discover that reading could be magic for me until 7th grade. Before that I was a perpetual motion machine I only stopped to read when I had to before then. Guess that quote about thanking a teacher is true.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

CoolSummer wrote:
Movie Nerd wrote:Yeah, I grew up reading, and as an aspiring nerd I just kept with it.
Didn't discover that reading could be magic for me until 7th grade. Before that I was a perpetual motion machine I only stopped to read when I had to before then. Guess that quote about thanking a teacher is true.
Oh I understand. Many times the stories and such they made us read were boring; I always flipped through the book to find the more interesting and engaging stuff. Like fables, adventure stories, stuff about the Egyptions, etc.
I am just your typical movie nerd, postcard collector and aspiring writer.

Return to “Everything Else”