• In total there are 69 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 67 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

What sort of fiction do you read?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Wine and Books
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: What sort of fiction do you read?

Unread post

reader2121 wrote:I read novels that get me labeled as a snob reader.
And what type of literature is that? I read the Nobel winners ,a lot of literature in translation, and classics from the 18th and 19th century. I think that certifies me as a snob. Plus the smattering of history from the places I am traveling to (how many people have read the history of the Carribean Islands?).

With my current beau I have added a bit more science to my eclectic pile.
A good book is only made better with a glass of wine........
kyjake23
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I like a thrilling mystery, sometimes a heart wrenching coming of age tale, and then there's always my favorite fallback, the horror story. I also love a good short story, a form which I think is often overlooked.

Regardless of genre, my fiction has to be character driven rather than plot driven. I love good characterization and reading about people I can both relate to and care about.
Esoldra
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

I used to only read 19th Century Literature and was quite elite in what I read, that was stupid of me as in the past few months I have gone into a drive of buying modern literature that I missed out in my selective reading. I don't have the criteria to what books I read now, which states that the author must be dead at least 100 years.
I am reading an eclectic mix now, from historical fiction, sci-fi, horror, thriller, essentially as long as it has a good story line, and makes me wish I could write like the writer I am reading.
Murrill
Gaining experience

Unread post

I need to mix it up. Sometimes I like quick, plot-driven murder mysteries--usually when I have been taking myself too seriously. More recently I have read Wicked, which raises questions about evil, power, and the human condition. I also enjoy psychologically oriented works. I used to read lots of classics, but I usually don't have anyone to engage in conversation about them.
I am new to this site & it seems I stepped into the middle of a conversation.
Rigid Bones
Master Debater

Unread post

I love good serial killer! Or a bit of witchcraft or maybe a ghost. Or a feisty heroine who can laugh at herself. Or a book that makes me laugh. Depends on my mood really...
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

What about one that does your laundry?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”