• In total there are 24 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Anyone read "The Catcher in the Rye" ?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Garfner

Unread post

Great book. I wish I had read it when I was younger. I go back and read the scene at the dance club all the time. There are very few books that I do this with.
paulineee
Official Newbie!

Unread post

realiz wrote:I know that I read this book, many years ago, maybe 30, but I can not remember the story at all. So, a re-read would be almost the same as a first read, except for those faint little echoes of familiarity.
lol its ok . i read the book when i was a sophomore in high school and i can't remember anything but the name of the character, nothing else!

sad to say, this coming school year im gonna be a senior .... in high school. lol which says something about my bad memory . :hmm:

anyways, i do remember telling my friends that i thought holden was crazy . as in mentally ill . and i do remember liking it because of that . he was very interesting and unique in very odd ways.
bookfanforever
Getting Comfortable

The Catcher In The Rye.

Unread post

I haven't read the book yet. Though I just purchased it a few days ago, and i'm dying to read it. Did some research and it said it had alot of controversy behind it. Can't read it now because im reading W.A.R the unauthorized biography of W. Axl Rose, though surely after I finish i'm going to read The Catcher In The Rye.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”