• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Seen any good movies recently?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Ralph,

I'll take the bait...everytime! It's a bad habit I have. When I get asked a question (directly or not) that I don't have the answer to, I do something so stupid... I try to find the answer with every available resource that I have.

What's even dumber is that I usually cite where I got the answer from... I know - retarded.

I also read that you need a vagina to watch that movie so I wouldn't have seen it anyway. Grow a penis my friend.

I write so much because I'm stuck at home all day and I'm bored.
ralphinlaos

Unread post

Now President Camacho, don't be like that. Remember, it takes all kinds . . .

I think both the traits you mention are admirable; if you don't know something, look it up and then cite your sources. Good.

But . . . I don't have a vagina (I have a penis which is in perfectly good working order) and I enjoyed the movie we were talking about. I also enjoyed The Searchers, Babel, The Sand Pebbles, The Dirty Dozen, High Noon, Lawrence of Arabia, etc. Is it necessary to have a penis to enjoy them?

Since you are so keen on citing sources, where did you read that it requires a vagina to enjoy this movie? What other movies are on that list?

Thanks, Camacho - I do enjoy your comments.

Ralph
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Babel was a great movie! :beer2:

I don't think Lawrence of Arabia is necessarily a movie made for girls.

I think it's definitely a movie made for guys... a specific kind of guy...

:indian: :police: :biker: :pirate:

if you know what I mean. ;-)
Audrey
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium is one of the movies that I have recently seen. It is directed toward younger children, but I found that after I watched it I wanted to skip around and go play with my dolls from when I was 5. It was just fabulous.

I also saw Becoming Jane the last night. It was wonderful. I just love Anne Hathaway, she was a great actress in this film. It ended a little different than I thought, but overall I enjoyed it.
"We can do not great things, only small things with great love. It is not how much you do but how much love you put into doing it."
-Mother Teresa
ralphinlaos

Unread post

A drunken man blunders into the ladies restroom:

Woman: "This is for ladies only!"

Man (unzipping pants): "So is this, ma'am, but every now and then I have to run a little water through it."

This is from "My Favorite Year," a funny and sometimes moving film which I saw again recently on TV - and it's still as good as I remembered. Peter O'Toole gives a terrific performance as an Errol Flynn type actor.

Ralph
wrryn
Master Debater

Unread post

I was stuck on a long flight years ago and decided to watch Run, Lola, Run. It's a terrific, offbeat movie. It's really Lola Rennt, and you definitely want to see it in German with subtitles (unless, of course, you speak German).

Has anyone seen this one? I'm always curious to find out what other intelligent people think of it.

Now I need to go back and read through this whole thread more carefully. There are some interesting-sounding moves here!

President Camacho, your homophobia is showing. I did like the Village People icons, though.
ralphinlaos

Unread post

I haven't seen that one, wrryn (actually, I haven't heard of it). Another German movie with another Lola! I'll keep an eye out for it; I rather enjoy subtitled movies - much moreso than dubbed.

When I make my monthly trip to Thailand, I usually pick up several DVDs, depending on what they have available. They love the kung-fu/car crash/shoot 'em ups, so always have dozens of them. But once in a while I come across something really interesting. Have you seen "Mail Order Wife", the story of a man from Queens, NY, who sends to Burma for a mail order bride? It is filmed as documentary, but it isn't (I've seen the lead actors in other movies). A really interesting movie which keeps you guessing right up to the finale.

Ralph
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

My fiance and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie this weekend. It has been getting mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it. My main issue was just too much CG for my taste. I would have rather seen the fight scenes toned down a little and use real people instead of making them so outrageous that only computer people can do them. Other than that it was a fun Indy adventure!!
My wedding day! 08-08-08
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

I just watched Closely Watched Trains. It was a delight!

Wikipedia:
Ostře sledovane vlaky is a 1966 Czechoslovakian film directed by Jiři Menzel. It is released as Closely Watched Trains in North America and Closely Observed Trains in the UK. It was filmed in Barrandov Studios, Prague.

The film is based on a story by Bohumil Hrabal. It is a coming-of-age story about a boy working at a train station in German-occupied Czechoslovakia during World War II.
You can find the rest at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closely_Watched_Trains
jaywalker
Experienced

Seen any good movies recently

Unread post

Yes Two.
The Prairie Home Companion with Meryl Streep as a Country singer, brilliant. And ''Le Roi de Coeur'' with the last scene of a naked Allan Bates,holding his caged pigeon aloft,waiting for the Nuns to let him into the Lunatic Asylum where he will be re-united with his friends,the Sane.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”