• In total there are 44 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Should it be illegal to wear a "POLICE" shirt?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Should it be illegal to wear a "POLICE" shirt?

It should be illegal because....

45%
It should be legal because....

55%

Total votes: 11
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

That is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life opcode! I'm going to see if i can find a t-shirt with that on it!
astrid
Master Debater

Unread post

I agree with you Chris-- that it should be illegal to wear a uniform of a police office or SWAT team.

Sure there are all kinds of professions with all kinds of uniforms-- but how many have liberties to arrest you, restrain you, carry a weapon and keep the peace? that is a lot of power. If just anyone can look like such a person of authority-- I think it could lead to abuse by the impostors.

the public needs to know that when they see such a uniform, this person is trained and has jurisdiction to act if and when necessary--- if everyone could wear police attire then no one would know who the "real McCoy" was!

astrid
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

1. There is an excellent, if ageing 'pop group' called 'Police' headed by the delectable Sting. So fans wear tee shirts with that name emblazoned.

2. Tee shirts are relaxed and leisure-wear. Perhaps I could suggest a smart short sleeved formal shirt for those put in authority over us?

3. When do we refrain from protecting our civil rights because there are those who choose to abuse them?

We were once, several years ago, invited to a party and the hostess asked if we had any police records. I looked at her with a horrified expression. But she wasn't, actually, questioning my criminal tendencies, but my taste in music.........
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini

Return to “Everything Else”