• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Our Dependence On Electricity

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GreyIxia
Freshman

Unread post

Yeah I know. They're wasting all my food supplies! I've tried Energizer and it just doesn't taste right. I prefer the D batteries (the sort of big ones)--they're tasty--, you?

Anyway, what I actually wanted to say is that we can use those batteries for flashlights :). Though, I do suppose that it's better than using gas. Did you know that the burning of fossil fuels is one of the biggest forms of polution?? (Heck, I think it is the biggest.) But, you probably know that already. I just learned that last year in Earth Science. Yay learning!

*Edit* Never mind... the batteries are too big for flashlights. That just hit me.
"The world has caught on fire, from what I've been told." - Picture Perfect (In Your Eyes) by 10 Years

"Innocence is ugly in the one who is guilty." - Fault Line by 10 Years

"Fools who are looking backwards chose to live as statues, frozen fractured; youthful laughter fades." - Dying Youth by 10 Years

The Truth Beneath The Rose by Within Temptation
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

GreyIxia wrote:Yeah I know. They're wasting all my food supplies! I've tried Energizer and it just doesn't taste right. I prefer the D batteries (the sort of big ones)--they're tasty--, you?
Iluvbookz13 wrote:IN REPLY: Lol? I'd prefer Duracell Rechargable Batteries.
[align=right]Image[/align] Bunnies are so cute :)

GreyIxia wrote:Anyway, what I actually wanted to say is that we can use those batteries for flashlights :). Though, I do suppose that it's better than using gas. Did you know that the burning of fossil fuels is one of the biggest forms of polution?? (Heck, I think it is the biggest.) But, you probably know that already. I just learned that last year in Earth Science. Yay learning!
Iluvbookz13 wrote:IN REPLY: That's what i've heard. Fossil fuels are what we use to make practically everything, though, so you have to stop and wonder...the envinorment, or us? :hmm:

I would prefer this world to be a lot cleaner, but if it is at the cost of a major chunk of our preferred life style, tone it down a little. Humans are spacey!

GreyIxia wrote:*Edit* Never mind... the batteries are too big for flashlights. That just hit me.
Iluvbookz13 wrote:Gah, *finally!!?!*
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park
GreyIxia
Freshman

Unread post

Ooh, I've never had those. Maybe I'll try them.
the envinorment, or us?
Hmm... How about some of us? When I become Queen of the World, I'll make killing legal. Then, I'm preeetty sure some other people will make sure the population goes down. :P
Though the world could be cleaner ad our poor ozone layer is depleting :cry: (I should know, I did a group paper on it [though don't ask me anything...])
Gah, *finally!!?!*
:weep: You made me cwy :( (Though I must admit, it is very true. Sometimes I'm a bit slow. In my school we call that a "Bria Moment" because she's always soooo slow...)
"The world has caught on fire, from what I've been told." - Picture Perfect (In Your Eyes) by 10 Years

"Fools who are looking backwards chose to live as statues, frozen fractured; youthful laughter fades." - Dying Youth by 10 Years

Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

GreyIxia wrote::weep: You made me cwy :( (Though I must admit, it is very true. Sometimes I'm a bit slow. In my school we call that a "Bria Moment" because she's always soooo slow...)
Aplogies I can be a noob sometimes :laugh2: anyway, a bria moment? Where does the "Bria" come from?
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park
GreyIxia
Freshman

Unread post

Bria is a girl in my class.

Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

GreyIxia wrote:Bria is a girl in my class.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh.

Return to “Science & Technology”