• In total there are 43 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Concerning Chris O'Connor...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Concerning Chris O'Connor...

Unread post

Hurricanes rarely hit right where they are projected to hit. The truth is the professionals don't know where this one will land. Here is a hurricane path projection map, which shows it as potentially hitting my city directly. If it does, to be honest, my city will be completely destroyed. Our townhome is of frame construction. The only thing left will be the foundation. Then again, this hurricane could slow down considerably. But even 130mph winds require evacuation. Our home could not withstand winds over 120mph for long.Today I'll be going to the store and buying about 8 gallons of water in case this is just a low-grade hurricane. But if it is predicted to nail us we're leaving Florida.Thanks for your offer Tara. We will have a car load of people and will probably go to a hotel in Georgia. But listen for a knock at your door - just in case.Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

PCI think you have a great idea. I'll give it a try this coming week. Thanks! Chris
pctacitus

Unread post

Let me know how it turns out. "...the great events in life come from the books, rather than the people, one comes across." - Robert D. Kaplan, Mediterranean Winter: the Pleasures of History and Landscape in Tunisia, Sicily, Dalmatia, and Greece
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Holy smokes Santa was good to me this year. Ok, not Santa, but my family and girlfriend. As I type this message I am nervous that at any moment it will be my last keystroke. For whatever reason this computer is on it's last leg. I run virus scans and am not finding a virus, but something is killing it quickly.Fortunately my girlfriend and father bought me a brand new Dell computer for Christmas. I'm still shaking my head wondering if this is some sort of trick. I've never had such a nice gift for any reason, so this is an incredibly big deal.I'm not sure of all the stats, but my brother says it is close to the top of the line. It has a 17" flat screen monitor too. I'm flipping out folks. This is going to be so nice once I get everything transferred off this piece of crap and over to the new system. Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 12/27/05 3:18 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

PCI'm so weak. The cat is so loving and demanding of attention that I don't have the heart to not give it freely. My whole life I have been extremely close with animals and neglecting them isn't easy. He is fast asleep right now in his bed next to my desk with his back leg sticking straight out of the bed - almost like he is trying to be cute. Little bastard.
pctacitus

Unread post

Chris,Be a man and be neglectful. It is in the best interest of all parties. Try getting him a catnip based toy to play with after lunch. It should keep him occupied until you can do something, like turning on the radio to drown out his yowling. This was a challenge for me for some time with Wild Thing, but if I could do it, you can do it. "...the great events in life come from the books, rather than the people, one comes across." - Robert D. Kaplan, Mediterranean Winter: the Pleasures of History and Landscape in Tunisia, Sicily, Dalmatia, and Greece
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'll have limited computer access the next few days. I'm dropping my computer off at the shop to have everthing transferred over to my new system. Just giving you all a heads up.
Luck of the Draw

Kitties/computers/mirth

Unread post

Not privy to the kitty situation. Congrats on new computer. Extremely nice gift. Good to share/witness your mirth. Enjoy!!!! LoTD"If the truth ever wins ask which lie fought for it"--Nietzche"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Yes, this is an awesome gift. I'm pretty excited.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Wow and you're already back on! They got your computer back to you quickly! Good for you. Good for us too!

Return to “Everything Else”