• In total there are 80 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Sorry Ladies

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Sorry Ladies

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:
DWill wrote:Anyway, Iris Murdoch I think is great, both deep and entertaining,
Oh I forgot about her. Yes she is great, I've always liked her books, try "The Black Prince".
Yes, I read The Black Prince ages ago and need to read it again.
rainbells
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Women have a different way of looking at things than men do, so maybe you just don't like to read things that are from the female perspective. Not liking something is your opinion, which is fine, but you keep saying most women write crap, which is offensive. So knock it off.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

rainbells wrote:Women have a different way of looking at things than men do, so maybe you just don't like to read things that are from the female perspective. Not liking something is your opinion, which is fine, but you keep saying most women write crap, which is offensive. So knock it off.
Ditto
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

I know a lot of men who write crap.

There are a lot of them around!!!
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

rainbells wrote:Women have a different way of looking at things than men do, so maybe you just don't like to read things that are from the female perspective. Not liking something is your opinion, which is fine, but you keep saying most women write crap, which is offensive. So knock it off.
That's mostly it. Women ARE different creatures than men in many aspects, they are more intuitive and more concerned with the feelings side of everything (generally speaking) so naturally their themes and ways of writing will be different. You are a man so you are naturally drawn more to the male energy and the male thought process emanating from books. For that reason, in my marketing work, I usually target women as the audience as I know it would probably appeal to them more than to most men. That's just natural and nothing to be argued about. It also depends what substance you are personally made out of inside and what interests are taking you where.

Women writing can't be interpreted as 'crap' though..it is just approached from a different perspective and reality that is simply not given for you to appreciate and live through at this moment. :wink:
Think that life is an ongoing odyssey full of unsolved questions and mysteries, with no one truly knowing what the Ultimate Reality is? So do I! Purchase my new book "ODYSSEY OF AN AIRHEAD; ULTIMATE TRUTH, HERE I COME!" and join me on this Earthly journey full of new truths to discover! http://www.odysseyofanairhead.com
bookwormservice
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Try Ayn Rand's "Anthem" it is a short novel, just a days read.

I have been wanting to read "Let it Rain Coffee" by Angie Cruz. She has gotten good reviews.
Genocide
Intern

Unread post

My favorite female writers would be: Virginia Woolf, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Charlotte Bronte, Mary Shelley, George Eliot, Margaret Atwood, Maya Angelou, Kate Chopin, Shirley Jackson, Ursula LeGuin, Bobbie Ann Mason (don't judge my love for Shiloh!), and Alice Walker. These women may not write what you like, but it's certainly not crap. I'm glad you've decided to broaden your horizon and are trying to find a female author you enjoy. I recently started reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I'm not even a quarter of the way done but I like it so far. Maybe you will too. Don't over generalize too hastily, sir. Especially not 'round these parts of town. :]
Dropping glasses just to hear them break.

Return to “Everything Else”