• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Erhans
Official Newbie!

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

Five Points by Tyler Anbinder. I recently took a vacation to New York and was inspired to learn about the area that is now the home of the Flatiron building. It's amazing how places transform. The neighborhood was once a lake called the Collect that was enjoyed by many during the Colonial era. It was then filled because it became so polluted by the industries of the time. I'm not far into it, but it is already very interesting. Some of the land was also instrumental in building a very wealthy family's fortune, but I'll let you find out. It was a fun discovery for me.
Donnamar86
Official Newbie!

Unread post

"Swann's Way" by Proust. I have the bad habit of buying books and not reading them right away and have owned it for a while. Now I'm sweeping my bookshelves and reading the books I've never read or forgotten about.
debbieleq
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am currently reading the Lair of the White Worm. It is a classical horror story. It is available free on IBooks. I also am reading the Wolf Gift by Ann Rice.
Just_another_girl
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hey! I am reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts,,, I have just joined this,,,, How can I find out if any other user is reading this?
Sofia71
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

The Vacationers by Emma Straub
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I am currently reading "Antarctica" by Kim Stanley Robinson. It is dubbed as an "Eco-thriller" and has a lot of discussion about the environment, social issues, and even some philosophy. Not for everyone, but am enjoying it.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Sofia71
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Well, I finished off The Vacationers....don't bother...wasn't that great. Now giving Jason McLeod's Dark Siege a go.
LuciaMaurice
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I just finished The lost symbol by Dan Brown. I got it so cheap on http://www.librarist.com/us/book/9780552161237/ so I couldn't say no:)It was really good. I you liked The Da Vinci Code you will love this book:)
Sofia71
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Finally finished Dark Siege last night...a bit exhausting. No idea yet what's up next....something with a Halloween/spooky theme
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I am currently reading "The City" by Dean Koontz. It is somewhat different from his previous works. At least I think it is, as I haven't gotten that far into it. :? But so far I am enjoying it. :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “What are you currently reading?”