• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

can only read it a bit at a time, my stomach isn't that strong.
If you flip over the rock of American foreign policy of the past century, this is what crawls out… invasions … bombings … overthrowing governments … occupations … suppressing movements for social change … assassinating political leaders … perverting elections … manipulating labor unions … manufacturing “news” … death squads … torture … biological warfare … depleted uranium … drug trafficking … mercenaries …

It’s not a pretty picture. It’s enough to give imperialism a bad name.

Read the full details in: Killing Hope: US Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II.

“Far and away the best book on the topic.” – Noam Chomsky

“I enjoyed it immensely.” – Gore Vidal

“I bought several more copies to circulate to friends with the hope of shedding new light and understanding on their political outlooks.” – Oliver Stone

“A very valuable book. The research and organization are extremely impressive.” – A. J. Langguth, author, former New York Times Bureau Chief

“A very useful piece of work, daunting in scope, important.” –Thomas Powers, author, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist

“Each chapter I read made me more and more angry.” – Dr. Helen Caldicott, international leader of the anti-nuclear and environmental movements
trichobezoar
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

hi y'all! i'm a newbie. i'm currently reading the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. i'm on the last book of the series. it's an interesting read... i love dystopian novels.

anywho, 'hope everyone's enjoying the written word and having a great day. : )
Last edited by trichobezoar on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJ Bourg
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm currently reading Nowhere To Run by CJ Box. I'm about halfway through the book. Work, family and writing keep me busy, so it takes me longer to read a novel than I like, but I enjoy the time I do get to spend with it. When I was a kid and had nothing but time, I devoured as many books as I could get my hands on...ah, the good old days!

BJ Bourg
http://www.bjbourg.com
BJ Bourg
JAMES 516 (Amber Quill Press, December 2014)
http://www.amberquill.com/store/p/2082-James-516.aspx
hazeleyes510
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am just finishing up a book called, "The Hot Flash Club" By Nancy Thayer. I figured it was appropriate since I am 45, LOL. I highly recommend this book to any woman in their 40's-60's going through menopause or just getting frustrated with the way their life is going. It touched on so many emotions, made me laugh, feel joy, feel angry, and I was able to relate to it on so many levels. You will enjoy this book! :-D
trichobezoar
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

hazeleyes510 wrote:I am just finishing up a book called, "The Hot Flash Club" By Nancy Thayer. I figured it was appropriate since I am 45, LOL. I highly recommend this book to any woman in their 40's-60's going through menopause or just getting frustrated with the way their life is going. It touched on so many emotions, made me laugh, feel joy, feel angry, and I was able to relate to it on so many levels. You will enjoy this book! :-D
i think i ought to read that book soon, hazeleyes! *big eyes* oh my God... i'm close to that age! i ought to prepare myself intellectually! scawwy...

i'll look it up on amazon. hopefully it doesn't cost too much.

i'm currently on page 625 of Champion (the last book in the Legend trilogy). hopefully i'll be done with it soon... maybe in a few weeks. it usually takes me forever to get through a series. i've been on it for a month now. in fact, i'm going to read a few chapters today.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

trichobezoar wrote:
hazeleyes510 wrote:I am just finishing up a book called, "The Hot Flash Club" By Nancy Thayer. I figured it was appropriate since I am 45, LOL. I highly recommend this book to any woman in their 40's-60's going through menopause or just getting frustrated with the way their life is going. It touched on so many emotions, made me laugh, feel joy, feel angry, and I was able to relate to it on so many levels. You will enjoy this book! :-D
i think i ought to read that book soon, hazeleyes! *big eyes* oh my God... i'm close to that age! i ought to prepare myself intellectually! scawwy...

i'm currently on page 625 of Champion (the last book in the Legend trilogy). hopefully i'll be done with it soon... maybe in a few weeks. it usually takes me forever to get through a series. i've been on it for a month now. in fact, i'm going to read a few chapters today.
You guys should look up this supplement called Amberen it's sold at www.lunada.com. it helps so much with the hot flashes, anxiety and all of it, at least it did for me. You can also get it at Amazon. There is also a book called Discover Your Menopause Type, by Joseph Collins which was really helpful, not as helpful as that Amberen was though.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
trichobezoar
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

CoolSummer wrote:
trichobezoar wrote:

You guys should look up this supplement called Amberen it's sold at http://www.lunada.com. it helps so much with the hot flashes, anxiety and all of it, at least it did for me. You can also get it at Amazon. There is also a book called Discover Your Menopause Type, by Joseph Collins which was really helpful, not as helpful as that Amberen was though.
oh my gosh, just thinking about it makes me nauseous. lol i'll probably wait a few months before buying the books. *whimpering*

thank you for the book recommendation and the info on the supplement, CoolSummer! i'm going to add them to my wishlist on firefox and amazon... as soon as i feel less nauseous. lol
Last edited by trichobezoar on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I am currently "reading" (listening to an audio book) Dean Koontz's "Saint Odd," ;the final (I think) book in his "Odd Thomas" series.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
trichobezoar
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I finished the Legend trilogy as well as Life Before Legend and now I'm trying to decide whether to read Autobiography of a Yogi or The Maze Runner series... Hmm

I think I'm gonna go with The Maze Runner.
Felix
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Been reading a lot of Brandon Sanderson. Mist Born, The Way of Kings.

Also, I finished The Count of Monte Cristo finally!

Return to “What are you currently reading?”