• In total there are 61 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

November & December 2012 Fiction Book Selection

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: November & December 2012 Fiction Book Selection

Unread post

Sounds good.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

That works for me.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

OK, I'll post these new books on the Home page in the "Current Book Discussions" soon.

I'm trying to think of a way to announce upcoming book discussions as early as we have selected the books WITHOUT creating the forums early too. For example it is appropriate to create the forums for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy right now seeing as that discussion will start in 13 days but it is not appropriate to create the forum for The Hobbit as that discussion won't start till November.

If we have the forum created for The Hobbit it will sit empty for a long time at the top of the Fiction section and this makes BookTalk.org look inactive to newcomers. New people won't look at the empty forum and read the dates "November, December, January" and understand that the forum is dead because that discussion hasn't started yet. All they see on a quick glance is that the top forum is dead and we're probably an inactive website.

So I need to think of a way to make it crystal clear to active members and visitors that we are going to read "X" soon without creating the forum. I guess I could create the forum but not place it at the very top of the Fiction Section. It could go right above the "Fiction Forum" forum and below the active discussions. Still...I just don't know.
giselle

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
Almost Awesome

Unread post

Chris/Suzanne: I would be prepared to lead the Hitchhikers Guide discussion, if you are still looking for a discussion leader. I am reading Atlas Shrugged so, like Suzanne, I would have two fiction books on the go but I think I can handle this, particularly because they are so different. I have read the entire Hitchhikers Guide trilogy but its been a while. I really enjoy Adams' style of humour and his very cool characters and I'm sure I could learn more about his writing and perhaps deeper meanings by being actively involved in a discussion.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Giselle, that would be great. :-)

I'll put your name up as discussion leader for "Hitchhikers Guide" right now. The forum is actually up already. I'll do the forum for "The Hobbit" soon too.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

The new forums are up so this thread will get "unstuck" and locked now.

Thank you to all that helped in the book selection process!!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”