• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

What books are you currently reading?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
tmichaelsOH

harmonic wealth by james ray

Unread post

I just finished the book 'Harmonic Wealth' by James Ray and thought it might interest you. It deals with all five pillars of your life (financial, relational, mental, physical, and spiritual) and shows you how to create true wealth (as in well-being!) in your life. The very practical applications have made a big difference in my life
jaywalker
Experienced

What books are you currently reading

Unread post

I've just started ''Brecht & Co.'' by John Fuegi. An enormous book. {I nearly wrote 'A daunting Prospect.' How I hate Cliches} I've always been fascinated by Brecht,Weill and Lotte Lenya. Now the local Amateur Theatre group are going to do ''Mother Courage'' so now's the moment to read up on Brecht. Anybody read it ? It'll take an age as I like to read the odd Detective in between and my dopey brother has sent Vol. 1 of the ''Bob Dylan Chronicles'' to me and wants my opinion ASA. I told him I've read 'Under Milk wood' but he didn't see the humour. Anyway -let's hear from Brecht lovers,please .J.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

A Suitable Boy, by Vikram Seth.

Very pleasant.
Ophelia.
psyops
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Best Short Stories of 2004
der_Alte
Official Newbie!

book i'm presently reading

Unread post

i have several i pick up & read from----then think about what i read. best one lately is 'The Art of Reading Scripture'. Davis & Hays, 2003. both faculty at Duke Divinity school at the time of publishing.

also, graze a little in 'Cicero On the Emotions.

may i also inject a note of warning about a book by Richard Price? His book 'Freedomland'------very good & worthwhile. another of his 'Blood Brothers' terrible :!: 1st 35 or so pgs filthy, vulgar, lewd which the reader must negotiate to get to the actual story.

:roll:
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello, der Alte,
Welcome to Booktalk! :smile:
Ophelia.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”