• In total there are 122 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 121 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

ATTENTION VISITORS AND THE NEWLY REGISTERED!!!!!!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

This is a good thread, Nick! I am glad to read that a lot of people feel that they are learning from lurking at BookTalk! I think that one can learn a lot by reading posts on this site. I read here a lot more than I post. However, one can deepen their learning by putting thier own thoughts into writing and discussing with others. Please don't worry about bringing up a topic that has already been discussed. I really don't think that anyone here would say anything about having already discussed a topic. It is not reasonable to expect newcomers to read all threads to see if the topic they want to discuss has already been discussed. It is nice to revisit topics and read about a new perspective.
lisamarie
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I know that I am still trying to get the hang of things. It has been a long time since I have been in any type of online chats. Still making my way around and trying to catch up on all the post that I wasn't here for.

Lisa
saudama
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I try, but most of the books and titles you bring up, I'm not familiar with so I cannot elaborate.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Saudama wrote:
I try, but most of the books and titles you bring up, I'm not familiar with so I cannot elaborate.
Do you plan to read some of the books in our current selections?
That is, if you have time for more books after reading what your professors give you-- I know it would have been all but impossible for me when I was a student.

Once you do, you'll find that everything starts flowing.
Are you interested in "No Country for old men" by Cormac Mc Carthy?
Ophelia.
saudama
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Ophelia wrote:Saudama wrote:
Do you plan to read some of the books in our current selections?
That is, if you have time for more books after reading what your professors give you-- I know it would have been all but impossible for me when I was a student.

Once you do, you'll find that everything starts flowing.
Are you interested in "No Country for old men" by Cormac Mc Carthy?
I've watched the movie, and it's not really my type. I prefer more sci-fi.
geraldlyn
Official Newbie!

Learning to broaden my horizons!

Unread post

I joined to learn more about non-fictional books. I love to read, but have mostly stayed in the fiction arena. I also try to find the easiest and quickest way to have books in front of me, not to mention affordable-at all times. Anyone that has a passion for books like me, check out the new equipment Amazon has come out with...it is incrediable-so popular they are running out! Anyone wanting to find out check out
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI ... opfortu-20. The quality of the titles and the choices!
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello Geraldlyn, and welcome to Booktalk.

Somebody mentioned the new kindle device here a little while ago-- actually we have a poll that you might want to take part in and that mentions kindle: it's in a box in the bottom right corner of the main page.

We have several non-fiction titles in our non-fiction forums that you may be interested in: have a look, and join the discussions!

Geraldlyn, would you like to tell us a little about yourself by writing an introduction in the "Introduce Yourself" forums?
Ophelia.
geraldlyn
Official Newbie!

About MySelf

Unread post

I am a working mom who loves to read, and I can go thru a book a day! That is why I am trying to find out about the Kindle. I want fast access to books. Look at
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI ... opfortu-20
I am about to order, they are selling out!
ralphinlaos

To post or not to post?

Unread post

Hi. This is my 2nd posting; my first was in "Introductions." I have only recently joined and have been looking over the territory. This is a pretty soplhisticated site with lots of bells and whistles; perhaps it intimidates some. I don't know, I'm just looking for a site where interesting, decent people discuss what they are reading, what they have read in the past, and perhaps even how they are feeling today.

I live in an area in which there are no bookstores and the post-office is notoriously unreliable, so I don't have access to "what I want;" I have to make do with "what I can find." So I won't be taking part in any monthly readings of selected fiction or non-fiction; I can never find anything specific when I make it into the real world (with bookstores and Pizza Huts and supermarkets and everything).

So I'm just going to look around here, hopefully find something interesting to comment on, or someone interesting to talk to - whatever.

But there sure is a lot here that really has nothing to do with three or four or five or six people just sitting around talking about books and authors, isn't there?

Good to be here!

Ralph
DisappearingInk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

hey, i love that I found a place with fellow booklovers, looking forward to going back and forth with some of you in the future!!

Return to “Everything Else”