• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

The Bible Unearthed

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Re: The Bible Unearthed

Unread post

tat tvam asi wrote:How would you know that he doesn't answer your questions if you admit to not having read the book in the first place?

How can you say what either is or is not in the book?
95% certain.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Which, knowing you, equates to exactly zero support for that certainty.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:Which, knowing you, equates to exactly zero support for that certainty.
No, that is based on what IF told me in our last conversation.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

You certainly wouldn't attempt to find your support in a toilet or the stomach of a turkey. Yes, a conversation is the likely source. That doesn't mean you have any support for your certainty. What was your reply supposed to convey?

It took you a dozen or more posts to understand only one of the many problems with the "israel prophecy". Up to that point in the conversation, you were certain you were correct. Was it also 95% certainty in that case?
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:
You certainly wouldn't attempt to find your support in a toilet or the stomach of a turkey. Yes, a conversation is the likely source. That doesn't mean you have any support for your certainty. What was your reply supposed to convey?

It took you a dozen or more posts to understand only one of the many problems with the "israel prophecy". Up to that point in the conversation, you were certain you were correct. Was it also 95% certainty in that case?

The prophecy of the return of Israel was fulfilled in 1948.

No, not in a toilet or turkey but the horse's mouth.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Are you at or above 95% certainty that there is a prophecy within the bible that predicts something happening to Israel in 1948?
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:Are you at or above 95% certainty that there is a prophecy within the bible that predicts something happening to Israel in 1948?
No, 100%
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

stahrwe wrote:
Interbane wrote:Are you at or above 95% certainty that there is a prophecy within the bible that predicts something happening to Israel in 1948?
No, 100%
How many years has it been since 1948?
Answer: 63 years.

How many days has it been since June 24, 1968?

We don't say 48 regular and 15 leap years [do we?] but we have to account for them if we figure the number of days [don't we?]
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

stahrwe wrote:
No, 100%
Here is a post that starts a discussion on the mathematics of this extraordinary claim.

The general idea is that Ezekiel, exiled in Babylon in about 500 BC, predicts the Jews will rule again in Israel. Modern fundamentalists say that Ezekiel is not just predicting an ancient rule of Israel, but a modern one, so they can say that Zionism has divine blessing.

They then make the rather moronic assertion that the year 1948, the date of the Palestinian catastrophe, can be detected in Ezekiel's text by mathematical contortions that would do any Yogi proud. The 1000% percent certainty that Stahrwe expresses is just like astrology, trawling back after the event to find some statement before it that can be misread as a prediction. Even worse, Starhwe's morons suggest that Ezekiel had the maths secretly in his back pocket, including the subtraction by 60, the multiplication by 7, and the multiplication by 360/365.25, and hey presto, fandadanglydoo, 1948!!! God told Ezekiel all about the Nakba.

I don't think so. The density of this error is so intense that you wonder how anyone can have the bald-faced cheek to say it without crossing their fingers behind their back. Ah, but that is faith. Loving Jesus means its okay to be a moron.

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat! Again.....
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Robert's continual use of the term Nabka (day of catastrophe) and his super heated rhetoric demonstrate his lack of objectivity in discussing a prophecy pinpointing the return of Israel. If he admits to the prophecy, that means that the Bible legitimized the return and the rug is pulled out from under Robert's indignation.

Robert complains in the link he provided that the steps are scattered and obtuse. (I'm simplifying his objection). It is true that the pieces of the math are distributed but that is perfectly logical given; 1) that a fundamental principle of Bible study is to take the book as a whole, and 2) that the information imparted at a given point is appropriate to the circumstances. In other words, it fits the context of the narrative. The include the entire formula at any of the points would be out of context.

I said 100%, not 1000%.

At this point, the math is well documented in the websites I provided, so we need to explore some other verses of the Bible where it describes what Israel will do with the land once the Jews return.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”