• In total there are 73 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 72 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Meet and greet chat night

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Good luck with the chat tonight, guys. Sorry I can't be there.

Incidentally, starting tomorrow, maybe we should start thinking about scheduling another meet and greet, this one incorporating some of the scheduling suggestions made in this thread. This coming weekend is likely no good, what with people wrapping up their holiday and getting a jump on new years, but a pre-noon (EST) chat for the following weekend might be a good place to start.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I was going to try to sneak a few minutes from work...but my computer here cannot access the chat!

I get home around 9:30, I will try to check in if nothing on the home front is going haywire when I get home.. LOL

Mr. P.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

MadArchitect wrote:Good luck with the chat tonight, guys. Sorry I can't be there.

Incidentally, starting tomorrow, maybe we should start thinking about scheduling another meet and greet, this one incorporating some of the scheduling suggestions made in this thread. This coming weekend is likely no good, what with people wrapping up their holiday and getting a jump on new years, but a pre-noon (EST) chat for the following weekend might be a good place to start.
Sorry you won't be able to make tonight's chat.

I agree we need to try to settle on a weekend date and time for a chat that will be more convenient for all our members and not just those on this side of the Atlantic. You're right about the upcoming weekend, but the one after should be doable.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

:cry:
I don't believe it!! Here I was, planning to meet you folks online at 8 pm EST, and I got confused about the time zones. You're 3 hours ahead of me -- 5 pm, not 11 pm.
:oops:
I feel so silly. I can never get a true grip on the direction that time goes...

Sorry.
"All Beings are the Owners of their Deeds, the Heirs to their Deeds."
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Loricat wrote::cry:
I don't believe it!! Here I was, planning to meet you folks online at 8 pm EST, and I got confused about the time zones. You're 3 hours ahead of me -- 5 pm, not 11 pm.
:oops:
I feel so silly. I can never get a true grip on the direction that time goes...

Sorry.
No worries. But you did miss a good time. We had a nice turnout with people popping in and out throughout the time I was there. I had to leave around 9:30, but there were still quite a few people participating then.

Maybe next time.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: Meet and greet on Thursday.

Unread post

camsquirrel wrote:What's really needed is a chat at the weekend, in the early afternoon eastern. Actually, to let the entire planet be able to take part it should be late morning, no later than noon, eastern; which would make it a relatively comfortable time everywhere from California to New Zealand.
World clock is at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Sunday morning would suit me here in Canberra. (Sun 10am CBR = Sat 3pm LA = Sat 6pm NY = Sat 11pm London)

Return to “Everything Else”