• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Seen any good movies recently?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
blankspace101
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: Seen any good movies recently?

Unread post

wilde wrote:I saw Alice in Wonderland about a week ago, and it was quite good. A bit dark for children, but it IS Tim Burton, after all.
Alice was good. For what they were trying to do, I think they pulled it off. I still don't know how I feel about that movie though..
wilde wrote:Hopefully I'll see Repo Men this weekend. It sounds like a ripoff of Repo! The Genetic Opera, but hopefully it'll be good.
I thought I was like the only peron to have seen that movie lol
I agree it looks like a total ripoff but it has Jude Law so how could I not go and see it? lol
-why can't we all just have a little fun as we ponder our way through this crazy school of life?
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Haha, my thoughts exactly. :lol:
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

wilde wrote: Hopefully I'll see Repo Men this weekend. It sounds like a ripoff of Repo! The Genetic Opera, but hopefully it'll be good.
I hated Repo! The Genetic Opera. I was very disappointed in that, too, because when I heard about the concept I was very excited. I loved Anthony Stewart Head (of course I do, who doesn't love Giles?), but the music was terrible and the story was very poorly adapted from the original opera. I'm looking forward to seeing Repo Men because for me, it will redeem the botched version of what I think is a really awesome sci-fi idea (the repossession of transplanted organs).

Sorry guys, just didn't do it for me. :down:
blankspace101

Unread post

bleachededen wrote:
wilde wrote: Hopefully I'll see Repo Men this weekend. It sounds like a ripoff of Repo! The Genetic Opera, but hopefully it'll be good.
I hated Repo! The Genetic Opera. I was very disappointed in that, too, because when I heard about the concept I was very excited. I loved Anthony Stewart Head (of course I do, who doesn't love Giles?), but the music was terrible and the story was very poorly adapted from the original opera. I'm looking forward to seeing Repo Men because for me, it will redeem the botched version of what I think is a really awesome sci-fi idea (the repossession of transplanted organs).

Sorry guys, just didn't do it for me. :down:
But you have to admit Paris Hiltons Face falling off was classic! lol
-why can't we all just have a little fun as we ponder our way through this crazy school of life?
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

blankspace101 wrote: But you have to admit Paris Hiltons Face falling off was classic! lol
Honestly, the very fact that she was in the movie disappointed me greatly, and the characters were so poorly written and developed that I couldn't care less what happened to them.
blankspace101

Unread post

Just saw Repo Men. Love love love the movie! The ending was a little WTF? but over all I liked it. Jude Law is amazing! not to mention super sexy ;) lol
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I watched 28 Days Later again today; I haven't seen it in a year at least. Totally forgot Murphy was nude at the beginning, and was pleasantly surprised. :lol:

I also watched Dawn of the Dead (the remake). Still grosses me out! :x I also tivo'd "The Vanguard." The description said it was post-apocalyptic, so I figured it was worth a watch maybe. Has anybody it?

Hopefully I'll see Repo Men tomorrow. Fingers crossed! :D
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
blankspace101

Unread post

Has anyone seen Hard Candy? It's about internet predators..or predator I should say. The lead is the girl from that movie Juno, but shes younger. Gotta be one of my favorite movies I think. I forget her name, but she is such a Brilliant actress!! I love her to death and shes magnificent in this movie. The beginning is pretty uncomfortable to watch, the first time you see it, but it's necessary to be that way I think, to get the feel of the movie right. I recommend it to everyone! good watch :D
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I recently discovered Monsters vs. Aliens. It's like the best movie I've ever seen. Maybe not the best, but pretty darn awesome. Seth Rogen as an indestructible gelatinous blob with no brain = hilarious and so incredibly quotable. I've watched it three times in two days now. It's on now, in fact, second time today. :lol:

It's on HBO and HBO On Demand for a while, in case anyone who has access to that is interested. It is so much fun.

The next two movies that just arrived from Netflix are The Last Temptation of Christ and The Fourth Kind, which I'm really looking forward to. We've had Last Temptation for over a week now because we really want to watch it, but it seems like everytime we sit down to watch a movie, we never have three hours that we're willing to give up! Silly us. :-P

"I think that Jello gave me a fake phone number." -B.O.B., Monsters vs. Aliens :lol:
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

The Fourth Kind was not very good, and their case that it's based on real people and occurences is a lie. I still love Milla Jovovich, but this movie was disappointing. Very disappointing.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”