• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Guilty pleasures!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Constance - A wedding.....on Booktalk....how great!!!!

I hope you will post up some of your wedding photos.....because if that is you on your avatar.....you are strikingly beautiful....and I would love to see your pictures.

Please!!!! :smile:
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

It may not last, we will see. She did get a little jealous when Alexis was getting chummy with Ozzie though. :laugh:

Thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate it. It's been rough and really bad timing but I'm hoping everything works out ok.
My wedding day! 08-08-08
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Photos of wedding....please Constance....(our posts have overlapped!).
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

Rafael Sabatini
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

I just saw we overlapped :)

The wedding is in August so as soon as I get some pictures I will try and post them.

The avatar is not me, unfortunately, but I'll take the "strikingly beautiful" anyway :D. It is actually Frida from Abba. I LOVE Abba, and she's my favorite in the group. I wish I could have seen them back when they were still together but I was too young.

My fiance took me to see Mamma Mia! on broadway for my birthday two years ago and I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out.
My wedding day! 08-08-08
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Oooh I saw Abba - I am that old.....

But I didn't recognise her on the Avatar....

I was very interested in an interview last year on our TV....with the member of the group who wrote the music (the bearded male)......he did it a la Mozart!!!!

And that is why it affected us all so.....and continues to do so...how interesting that chords and harmony have not lost their ability to work their magic on the human psyche.

On this atheist site...I take great delight in saying....thank you God!!!

Well, what do you know....I just said 'Thank you for the Music' and I honestly didn't plan it.

Rafael Sabatini
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

Ah, Penny I am jealous now! I have one of their concerts on DVD but that just isn't the same as a live show.

Benny and Bjorn are the two men in the group and they wrote all the music and collaborated on the musical and the movie also. Very talented guys and pretty good considering English is their second language. I love their sound and the musical was great. I would recommend it to anyone who loves Broadway shows.
My wedding day! 08-08-08
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Constance, I am not into Broadway Shows....it is just that I know what I like and I like what I know....(or maybe it is vice versa).

I like Mozart....and I like Abba.... I like the Beatles and I like Beethoven....and I know that music affects us...and it transcends culture, history.....and touches something deeper in us. A way of communicating without words...words are so inadequate.

Anyway......I want to see some wedding photos!!! :oops:

Rafael Sabatini
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

LOL, ok ok! Wedding photos, but the wedding has to happen first. :D
I can probably get some up in September. I'll be on my honeymoon until the end of August so I'll work on it once I get back, I promise :up:
My wedding day! 08-08-08
jaywalker
Experienced

guilty pleasures

Unread post

I'm in love with Frida Boccara. she's long dead but not for me. You can You tube her,if you are wondering who I mean.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Jaywalker - I have just responded to three of your posts.....it seems we like the same 'outlandish' things.

Keep in touch... but tell me where you are? Where do you live? There are no such things as coincidences!!!!

Take care anyway....we Thorne Smith fans must keep in touch...because I think there are only the two of us!!!!! :laugh:

Rafael Sabatini

Return to “Everything Else”