• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

what is your favorite musical?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
phillies4evr
Intern

Re: what is your favorite musical?

Unread post

my favorite musical, at least a current musical would have to be 'Mamma Mia'.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

I love musicals. It is hard to say a favorite, because my favorite depends on my mood. I loved Spring Awakening. I saw it twice on Broadway.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Saffron wrote:I love musicals. It is hard to say a favorite, because my favorite depends on my mood. I loved Spring Awakening. I saw it twice on Broadway.
I'd say "Hair" or "Bye Bye Birdie." I also like the movie musicals "Across the Universe" and "the Producers." Generally I don't like musicals and would only watch "The Sound of Music" at gunpoint. This afternoon I happened to see "Oklahoma!," which was part of a package deal at the new Arena Stage in Washington, DC. It was well done and held my interest, had lots of dancing which I liked better than most of the songs. It also had a dream sequence that was actually a bit edgy and pretty risque, something that might not have been part of the original 1943 production. The plot was conventional for all that.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”